Testosterone, intersex and women's sport

veloman

2 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

That is fair enough ... the XY karyotype claim is a little apocryphal (but not completely). But that should improve the odds for your bet.

It appears to be unproven. That's the issue. 

Am I going to be shocked if it turns out Khelif has an intersex/DSD condition? No. But it needs to be proven and it needs to be done carefully and sensitively if it does turn out that they do have a DSD condition. 

At the moment the 'debate' is a shit show. 

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

That is some useful background into the Khelif situation and checks out from what I've read so far.

I've taken note of the people on here who deliberately misgendered her and I hope that if ye have any children that they grow up to be SHA fans.

Aye, same old people, same old views.

Sad world we live in, sometimes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

That is some useful background into the Khelif situation and checks out from what I've read so far.

I've taken note of the people on here who deliberately misgendered her and I hope that if ye have any children that they grow up to be SHA fans.

Funny thing is it’s just out of touch weirdos on VT taking her (his) side and most ordinary always youthful people can see the truth.

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Didnt clarissa shields speak against it? She didnt specify names but highlighted  about the safety of women.

I dont care what catergory they fight in as long as all women are kept safe. Thats what important.  Fighters safety

Is it just me that sees the bolded phrase as a bit of an oxymoron?

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The portrayal of this as “woke” gone mad and the desire by some to portray it as a man pretending to be a woman is frankly disgraceful

Classic people see what they want to see, and they really want to see it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The portrayal of this as “woke” gone mad and the desire by some to portray it as a man pretending to be a woman is frankly disgraceful

The reporting of this on the day of the fight had me genuinely thinking she was trans, they didn't specifically say it but it was certainly the impression. It's an absolute shitshow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Classic people see what they want to see, and they really want to see it.

Absolutely.

The likes of Sharon Davis and JK Rowling jumped with no evidence, just started calling someone a male based on shit they had read on the internet. These people don’t care about anything but their profile the actual ‘cause’ is long forgotten and it’s just become witchfinding and clicks.

On 02/08/2024 at 10:52, foreveryoung said:

Ohh my goodness, the lengths some people will blag for defence.

You'd be an amazing defence lawyer. You wouldn't win f*** all mind 😂

Wouldn’t win **** all?

That’s actually quite the compliment.

Why is it the same people that jump on this, jump on climate change being nonsense, that police should be able to stamp on anyone who attack them, spread racist lies on twitter etc...

The idea that it's people genuinely concerned about the safety of women boxers is as ludicrous as believing those attacking the mosques are worried about children's safety. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The reporting of this on the day of the fight had me genuinely thinking she was trans, they didn't specifically say it but it was certainly the impression. It's an absolute shitshow

Yep. 

I honestly think if you ask people who have heard this story to explain it the vast majority would say it’s a man pretending to be a woman. 

The amount of people saying it’s “woke” is mental. 20+ years ago it wouldn’t be a story because nobody would even be talking about testing gender

Its basically the opposite of a modern day “woke gone mad” story

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why is it the same people that jump on this, jump on climate change being nonsense, that police should be able to stamp on anyone who attack them, spread racist lies on twitter etc...

The idea that it's people genuinely concerned about the safety of women boxers is as ludicrous as believing those attacking the mosques are worried about children's safety. 

All favourite right wing talking points 

1 hour ago, colhint said:

What evidence is there though. As far as I'm aware the boxing federation said no but the Olympics said yes. I don't know who is right.

None.

Which is what makes the calling out someone as other sex so utterly stupid. In this country there is shame or embarrassment and a threat to livelihood. In Algeria, potentially much worse. People should maybe wait for facts not spew their bile as soon as the usual suspects start their campaign.

There is a growing element in society that just get a bit excited whenever subjects like this come up. You know the ones, they like to do their own research. Which usually mostly involves twitter, facebook, and what they heard someone heard in a pub.

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

None.

Which is what makes the calling out someone as other sex so utterly stupid. In this country there is shame or embarrassment and a threat to livelihood. In Algeria, potentially much worse. People should maybe wait for facts not spew their bile as soon as the usual suspects start their campaign.

There is a growing element in society that just get a bit excited whenever subjects like this come up. You know the ones, they like to do their own research. Which usually mostly involves twitter, facebook, and what they heard someone heard in a pub.

So why was she banned by the boxing board?

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. 

I honestly think if you ask people who have heard this story to explain it the vast majority would say it’s a man pretending to be a woman. 

The amount of people saying it’s “woke” is mental. 20+ years ago it wouldn’t be a story because nobody would even be talking about testing gender

Its basically the opposite of a modern day “woke gone mad” story

It’s the lack of critical thinking for me. “Woke world has gone mad, I knew they’d start sending trannies to the Olympics. Famously woke, liberal, LGBT friendly Algeria.”

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, colhint said:

We don't know. 

The IBA claimed they used a test, which they haven't declared, but did not test testosterone, mid tournament, which showed she had XY chromosomes. And there are question marks over the process, why they did this etc - it appears to have been a decision made unilaterally by the head of the federation. The federation has also been done for corruption, hence the Olympics ditching them.

7 minutes ago, colhint said:

Supposedly they did their own testing and disqualified her but have never said what test they did or what the results were. 

There is a bit of a conspiracy theory posted about it all a few pages back. 

not happy with letting a transgender beat up women, they’re letting an actual man compete in women’s events now 

wokeness gone mad 

23 minutes ago, colhint said:

You mean the boxing board whose only financial sponsor is Gazprom who banned her just after she beat a Russian?
(in addition to what was posted above)

Oh and the IBA themselves have been banned from the Olympics since 2019

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â