ender4

6 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Actually, been very surprised by how downbeat almost everyone seems about Villa this month. It worries me, the low expectations. What's our problem?

I think it's a combination of factors. 

The loss of Dougie with no obvious replacement. The arguably underwhelming new recruits. The failure to offload Durán. The Rashica-like Felix saga. The Martinez racism embarrassment. The lack of cover at CF and CB. The poor performances in preseason. etc. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I would feel so much more confident if Dougie was still here

Still can't believe he's gone :(

He was great but I'm going to be honest, I'd feel the same. It's not as if we finished last season in great form and only looked mediocre in pre-season once he was out.

Now if Kamara was in then I would be feeling a lot more confident.

• Like 1

I hate sitting in the away end. Very much hoping that I’m having to suppress a smile by the final whistle but I’ve absolutely no sense after that pre-season as to how it might go. The Hammers I’m going with feel exactly the same.  
Some good signings for both teams but nothing earth-shattering. Poor(ish) pre-season for both teams. Could be an interesting game or could be a damp squid (;)). 

Tune in next week for more searing insight from me :detect:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

The loss of Dougie with no obvious replacement. The arguably underwhelming new recruits. The failure to offload Durán. The Rashica-like Felix saga. The Martinez racism embarrassment. The lack of cover at CF and CB. The poor performances in preseason. etc. 

Wow, that's not even a 'glass half empty' perspective, more of a 'someone drank most of my half empty glass and just left a bit of spittle in the bottom' perspective.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Apart from us looking horrific in pre season?

You say that but West Ham haven't been great in pre season either. Think they've lost to Palace and Wolves who are hardly Dortmund standard.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

sad.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

You say that but West Ham haven't been great in pre season either. Think they've lost to Palace and Wolves who are hardly Dortmund standard.

But they have the home advantage which is huge. Especially on the opening day

Just now, Pinebro said:

But they have the home advantage which is huge. Especially on the opening day

Oh yeah I never like us playing West Ham away, always awkward games and we give away cheap goals from crosses/set pieces.

Newcastle and West Ham are two of our worst away games every season regardless of what stage of a season we play them and our form at the time.

50 minutes ago, choffer said:

I hate sitting in the away end. Very much hoping that I’m having to suppress a smile by the final whistle but I’ve absolutely no sense after that pre-season as to how it might go. The Hammers I’m going with feel exactly the same.  
Some good signings for both teams but nothing earth-shattering. Poor(ish) pre-season for both teams. Could be an interesting game or could be a damp squid (;)). 

Tune in next week for more searing insight from me :detect:

I might tune in or I might not,  we'll have to see...

After decades of supporting Villa through all our ups and downs, I shall enjoy this match in my usual way.

Win, lose or draw it's always "UP THE VILLA!"

There are approximately 50 games to look forward to before we get another rest.

• Thanks 1

Well, I am friends with a Hammers fan who is at the game today, and it goes without saying that her and I are not talking until it's all over!

To be honest this is a tough match... As always I believe that we can win but I am expecting a very hard contest.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

After decades of supporting Villa through all our ups and downs, I shall enjoy this match in my usual way.

Win, lose or draw it's always "UP THE VILLA!"

There are approximately 50 games to look forward to before we get another rest.

Yes sir.

Love this.

While it may take some time. Im open to the idea we can take shape and form for another season, or few just yet.

Would love to see the fans enjoy where we are at but each to their own.

• Like 1