ender4

I’ve hyped up West Ham a bit but their preseason has possibly been worse than ours, they’ve bought a lot of players, and are changing their style.

We have to be getting at least a point from this really.

My team would be:

Martinez

Ned Konsa Torres Maatsen

Onana Tielemans

Bailey McGinn Rogers

Watkins

Subs: Olsen/Gauci, Cash, Carlos*, Digne, Barkley, Buendia, Ramsey, Philogene, Duran

Yes I am putting Duran on the bench, he’s not been sold and he’s still our asset, it would be dumb not to use him given he gives us a different option up front. Carlos also in if not sold, otherwise Bogarde.

Throw on Cash, Digne, Barkley, Ramsey and Duran after 60-70 mins.

38 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

3-1 West ham

I just don't see us being anywhere near ready for the new season.

It may take us 1 or 2 months to get up to speed and gel in the new arrivals 

They’ve bought lots of new players too to be fair so they could use same excuse.

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think with so many changes in the squad we’d be better starting with a more settled lineup that have played together more, so I think I’d go:

Emi

Cash     Konsa     Pau      Digne

Onana    Youri 

Bailey        McGinn       Rogers

Ollie 

I think it'll be that, except maybe Ned for Cash if he's not 100%. Would assume he's over his illness by now. 

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

3-1 West ham

I just don't see us being anywhere near ready for the new season.

It may take us 1 or 2 months to get up to speed and gel in the new arrivals 

And yet you see West Ham being ready with their new signings AND new manager? Interesting.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I think it'll be that, except maybe Ned for Cash if he's not 100%. Would assume he's over his illness by now. 

Yeah I suppose it depends on his fitness and if he’s back to full health. 
I suppose we could see Konsa RB, I don’t like it particularly but it’s an option.

4 hours ago, Leeroy said:

I’ve hyped up West Ham a bit but their preseason has possibly been worse than ours, they’ve bought a lot of players, and are changing their style.

We have to be getting at least a point from this really.

My team would be:

Martinez

Ned Konsa Torres Maatsen

Onana Tielemans

Bailey McGinn Rogers

Watkins

Subs: Olsen/Gauci, Cash, Carlos*, Digne, Barkley, Buendia, Ramsey, Philogene, Duran

Yes I am putting Duran on the bench, he’s not been sold and he’s still our asset, it would be dumb not to use him given he gives us a different option up front. Carlos also in if not sold, otherwise Bogarde.

Throw on Cash, Digne, Barkley, Ramsey and Duran after 60-70 mins.

Not sure I'd go with two new full backs, I don't see Emery dropping both in the deep end in a tough away game.

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not sure I'd go with two new full backs, I don't see Emery dropping both in the deep end in a tough away game.

It will probably be Cash and Digne but that's the team I'd go for. 

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Ned starts over Cash, think he's played more in preseason and didn't look out of place against Dortmund.

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

It will probably be Cash and Digne but that's the team I'd go for. 

Although I wouldn't be surprised if Ned starts over Cash, think he's played more in preseason and didn't look out of place against Dortmund.

Possibly go Kosta over Cash, but I think Digne starts just for continuity in the back line, and he's looked good as well in pre-season.

West Ham could have two possibly three new defenders in their lineup 🤣

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Possibly go Kosta over Cash, but I think Digne starts just for continuity in the back line, and he's looked good as well in pre-season.

West Ham could have two possibly three new defenders in their lineup 🤣

Yeah hopefully we can exploit that 🙏

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

Any ideas how they will line up?  Their squad is quite impressive but I wonder which big lump they will start with up top, Antonio or the Fullkrug?

Going by a few of their fans on their forums they don’t know what’s likely to happen either, the general consensus though is that Antonio will start and the Fullkrug come on later in the game.

They don’t seem to have much faith in Areola… I didn’t think he was that bad, but they mostly seem to agree he’ll make an error.

General consensus is I think:

Areola

AWB   Kilman Todibo Emerson 

Kudus Soucek Ward-Prowse Summerville 

Bowen

Antonio

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Going by a few of their fans on their forums they don’t know what’s likely to happen either, the general consensus though is that Antonio will start and the Fullkrug come on later in the game.

They don’t seem to have much faith in Areola… I didn’t think he was that bad, but they mostly seem to agree he’ll make an error.

General consensus is I think:

Areola

AWB   Kilman Todibo Emerson 

Kudus Soucek Ward-Prowse Summerville 

Bowen

Antonio

We will beat this team.

Three new signings who've never played with each other straight into their back four, Rogers and Ramsey will cook them 🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think with so many changes in the squad we’d be better starting with a more settled lineup that have played together more, so I think I’d go:

Emi

Cash     Konsa     Pau      Digne

Onana    Youri 

Bailey        McGinn       Rogers

Ollie 

This is the team i'd go with.  We'd have a pretty strong bench available with this lineup.

The big hope for me is Ollie. 

Fresh from a big summer, confident, rested and eager and with his natural fitness and running, he might just drop into the team like a bomb and make this game his.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The big hope for me is Ollie. 

Fresh from a big summer, confident, rested and eager and with his natural fitness and running, he might just drop into the team like a bomb and make this game his.

That's what i'm hoping.  He's hopefully ready to go despite no pre-season.  Or we might see 60 mins from him then Duran/Archer for rest of game.  

Am I right in saying that only centrebacks we will have for this game are Konsa, Pau and Bogarde?  I'd be surprised if Carlos is even in the squad.  Dendoncker?  We may hope we get no injuries 👀