ender4

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Frustrating not seeing Maatsen and/or Nedelkovic starting. I think Digne has been poor in pre season and Ned was our best player in pre season.

Different atmosphere altogether playing in the Premier league, especially the first game of the season. It's not unusual for Emery to bed new signings in slowly. 

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Haven’t had this nervous feeling for a few months—isn’t it just horrible!? 🤣

It's brilliant isn't it, I've been busy all day so not really thought about it. I've only just turned the telly on to see that Wolves are losing and Hwang is still diving. Can't wait now

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Kamara, Ming's and hopefully even Geertuda to come.

Yeah anyone who doesn't realise this squad is much stronger today than it was last season are in denial.

I actually feel for a couple of the lads who won't even make the bench at times 

Crazy how we live vicariously through our players. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Frustrating not seeing Maatsen and/or Nedelkovic starting. I think Digne has been poor in pre season and Ned was our best player in pre season.

Imaging them quick fresh legs coming on late in the game. Just terror for West Ham’s defence 

26 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

God it’s such a failure that Cash is our starting RB 

I can get over it for this game. If it's still the case in September I'll be gutted.

10 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

And we don't have to rely on Chambers, Donk or Zaniolo as back up anymore

Don't worry, VT will soon find some new whipping boys. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not writing them off as players I just think it was a very bad deal and we were forced to take a couple of players we didn't need. That cash could have been used to get 1 much better player in than 2 squad fillers.

They are both very young and who got the better end of that deal won't be determined for some time. The Douglas Luiz we signed from Man City would not start in this team. Probably struggle to make the bench. 

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Starting XI is as I predicted. Better bench than end of last season.

Yeah, was the starting line up I expected as well. Bench is stacked. 

So much stronger this year.

8 hours ago, Leeroy said:

Bailey was one of our best players last season. Initially he was better off the bench but he was starting second half of the season and was fantastic. 10 goals and 9 assists in about 2000 minutes of football. If he plays 3000+ minutes this season there's every chance he could get 15 goals and 15 assists or something ridiculous.

I think dropping him to try to be more defensive is not something that will work, playing Bailey will allow us to cause so many problems for West Ham in transition.

I just hope Ollie starts because we need him to if we are to get a positive result today. 

Teams out and he’s in. But not starting is not “dropping” it’s a squad game, we will use 16 players each game. Different game phases.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Don't worry, VT will soon find some new whipping boys. 

Seems to be Cash and Carlos nowadays. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah, was the starting line up I expected as well. Bench is stacked. 

So much stronger this year.

This is where I am. The issue last season was our 1st 11 pretty picked itself and once we went to the bench the quality went down dramatically. 

Now we have options.

Edited by calcifer
  • Like 1

We have the stroneger roster, we have the better manager with more knowledge of his players, I should be feeling very confident.  But I am already a nervous wreck.   I've been here for heartache too often.