ender4

• 2 weeks later...

Make no mistake, this is going to be a very, very tough game.

They've got a tidy looking squad and have a new manager bounce infused home game to start the season off.

• Like 2

Lopetegui is a thoroughly uninspiring figure, and I think they will come out flat. We will be a completely different team from preseason, and we will smash them.

West Ham United 0 - 3 Aston Villa

image.png.3217a84bce9eac7dcc05218b41769105.png

• Like 4

We struggled against Lopetegui's Wolves teams I think.

Suspect it won't be a fun start to the season, but reluctant to predict a loss just yet so will go for 1-1

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

Lopetegui is a thoroughly uninspiring figure, and I think they will come out flat. We will be a completely different team from preseason, and we will smash them.

West Ham United 0 - 3 Aston Villa

image.png.3217a84bce9eac7dcc05218b41769105.png

Would go with this exact team though I think Unai will prefer Cash as the veteran. 

• Like 3

Lopetegui has had emerys number the last few occasions from what i can remember.  His first home game it wont be a easy game

Hoping for a point anything else a major bonus

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

Yeah this is going to be tough. 2 sides with a tonne of new players in a race to who can gel quickest.

Really hope we pull off a statement opening day 0-3 or something, first days are always a bit of a lottery as to whos best prepared. I can see it being their day tbh, but Unai is always capable so there’s that. Im pinning my hopes on Watkins/Bailey delivering the goods.

Well it's fair to say that in terms of results we've not had the best of pre-seasons, but that all means nothing now. I hope we've learned all the things we needed to have learned, and I hope our first game goes better than the same fixture last year, where we lost our defensive leader for a year and got battered. I'm sure it will. We've got a good team on paper, and an elite manager. West Ham are no pushovers though, these days, and we're gonna have to be on it from the start. 

Come on Villa, lets goooooo. 

This is always a tough fixture. Absolutely crazy that we've not beaten West Ham away since 2011.

Worth noting though that West Ham arguably had an even worse pre-season than us results-wise.

Clipboard01.jpg

Spam away is the most beige opening fixture you could possibly ask for. You can pretty much guarantee that we're gonna get some lumps kicked out of us as well.

Our record v these is pretty shite in recent times and we often tend to come out pretty flat on the opening day. Hopefully we can start as we mean to go on this time around.

2-1 Villa.

On 08/08/2024 at 11:33, wedge said:

They've got a tidy looking squad and have a new manager bounce infused home game to start the season off.

I would go as far to say it’s gonna be a very, very tough season

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

Villa are screening this in LG for free, just need to book in advance

Yeah just booked. Ill be there should be fun

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

On 08/08/2024 at 11:33, wedge said:

Doesn’t a “new manager bounce” only occur when someone takes over a team midway through the season? 

Anyway, they could potentially have 3 new defenders who’ve never played with each other before in their back four. That will only help us.

• Like 1