Childhood Heroes

Hero is strong but my timeline would be bosnich, yorke, vassell, angel, mellberg, young, Benteke, Grealish, Mings, Ollie

Always have a strong liking for villa players on the cusp of the England set up so Vass long ago and Ollie now, thought Vass under Sven was underrated 

If he'd have scored that bicycle kick for villa it would be brought up on here a lot, it's a stunner 

Also got fond memories of a lot of the MON players and the promotion team, unais team will be the same

• Like 1

The first Villa player I pretended to be when playing with a tennis ball on the concrete playground at Walmley infant school with my pals was Alan McInally! After he left it was David Platt.

I will admit to pretending to be Gary Lineker (i was a goal hanger!) and Maradona (hence my forum title under my avatar). 

• Like 2

Paul Birch was the first when I started supporting the club from a very young age. Had the number 7 on my Henson shirt/kit one Christmas.

Then it was Walters and then Daley.  I must have had a thing for tricky/quick wingers.

However, because I was going to basically every game over two/three seasons in my teens, I just loved David Platt. He was quality and a great time being a teenager for me leading up to Italia 90. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Brian Little, Mum worked with his mother in law, met him many times, still the best I have seen in a Villa shirt 

An adopted one of our own

Brian Little - Aston Villa ...

Iconic photo 👏

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Paul Birch was the first when I started supporting the club from a very young age. Had the number 7 on my Henson shirt/kit one Christmas.

Then it was Walters and then Daley.  I must have had a thing for tricky/quick wingers.

However, because I was going to basically every game over two/three seasons in my teens, I just loved David Platt. He was quality and a great time being a teenager for me leading up to Italia 90. 

Yes Platt would get in my all time villa 11. Main reason we finished 2nd under Taylor.

• Like 1

Bozzy.

Wanted to be a keeper growing up and pretty much got all the Villa keeper kits in the mid 90s including that terrible grey one where it looked like someone had thrown up over the badge!😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â