Ticket Info

Away points system for 2024/25 season

We are excited to introduce a new Away Points system for the 2024/25 Premier League season.

While maintaining the core principles of previous seasons, this new points system will streamline the process for fans to monitor how many points they have and eligibility for tickets.

Each Season Ticket Holder will start with 1,000 points. Additionally, for every Premier League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup away game attended in the 2023/24 season, an additional 10 points has been awarded. The maximum Away Points available from the 2023/24 season is 210.

Points accumulated from the 2023/24 season will expire on December 15, 2024.

For the 2024/25 season, 10 points will be granted per away domestic fixture attended, these points will become active in the second half of the season.

Supporters can view their Away Points balance by logging into their online account and selecting the ‘Away Points’ tab.

Both Hospitality and GA+ Season Ticket Holders can now purchase tickets online from the hospitality allocation during the same criteria windows.

All tickets are digital

Prices

Adults £30

Over 65 £25

Under 21 £25

Under 18 £25

On Sale Dates 

Monday 22 July 5pm 2024/25 Season Ticket Holders, Hospitality Season Ticket Holders and GA+ Season Ticket Holders with 1,200 away points

Tuesday 23 July 5pm 2024/25 Season Ticket Holders, Hospitality Season Ticket Holders and GA+ Season Ticket Holders with 1,150 away points

Wednesday 24 July 2024/25 Season Ticket Holders, Hospitality Season Ticket Holders and GA+ Season Ticket Holders with 1,100 away points

Thursday 25 July 2024/25 Season Ticket Holders

Hoping I have misinterpreted this, but GA+ and hospitality season ticket holders now have their own ring fenced split of the usual 3,000 allocation to purchase tickets in?? Away tickets are hard enough to come by as it is, but now it would seem a GA+ or hospitality season ticket will make it much easier for those fans to access away tickets on the virtue of giving the club more money on the home season tickets.

For West Ham block 219 is the hospitality allocation, surely it can't be the whole block as that could easily be 750 seats by the looks of things?

Awful decision if so, in my opinion - not rewarding loyalty but rewarding those with £££

image.png.c916a7915c269ef6d90ffb0394c28960.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2024 at 22:18, MadridVilla said:

Hoping I have misinterpreted this, but GA+ and hospitality season ticket holders now have their own ring fenced split of the usual 3,000 allocation to purchase tickets in?? Away tickets are hard enough to come by as it is, but now it would seem a GA+ or hospitality season ticket will make it much easier for those fans to access away tickets on the virtue of giving the club more money on the home season tickets.

For West Ham block 219 is the hospitality allocation, surely it can't be the whole block as that could easily be 750 seats by the looks of things?

Awful decision if so, in my opinion - not rewarding loyalty but rewarding those with £££

image.png.c916a7915c269ef6d90ffb0394c28960.png

Only just noticed this thread, i have normal season ticket and managed to buy a ticket for this block during the last criteria season ticket window. But will be interesting to know if hospitality holders would need to meet the other criteria's first before they can purchase. Otherwise I think its a bit unfair!

Edited by lainux

I think there's always been an allocation for hospitality season ticket holders - I'm not sure if that's grown this season to recognise the increased numbers in hospitality, but I think (and I might be wrong) it's always been there.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think there's always been an allocation for hospitality season ticket holders - I'm not sure if that's grown this season to recognise the increased numbers in hospitality, but I think (and I might be wrong) it's always been there.

Never been allocation for hospitality only brought in this season with the points  and won’t be many anyways 

36 minutes ago, andykeenan said:

Never been allocation for hospitality only brought in this season with the points  and won’t be many anyways 

There has. I've had tickets through it in the past. Or at least that's the channel I was told they came from via a mate who had a box.

It can only have been that or from player allocations.

46 minutes ago, andykeenan said:

I'm pretty sure it's always been there - I think it's maybe just been better publicised because of the points thing.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm pretty sure it's always been there - I think it's maybe just been better publicised because of the points thing.

Yeh better publicised which is fine 👌

Been calling all week to see if they have had any tickets returned for West Ham game and available to purchase (I was told to keep trying by an agent) but now been told that the tickets are no refundable so no tickets would ever have come back for resale. WHY??? Surely that’s just giving fans even less chance to attend away games? So frustrating 

2 hours ago, GAVFV77 said:

Been calling all week to see if they have had any tickets returned for West Ham game and available to purchase (I was told to keep trying by an agent) but now been told that the tickets are no refundable so no tickets would ever have come back for resale. WHY??? Surely that’s just giving fans even less chance to attend away games? So frustrating 

I expect that T&Cs for away tickets are controlled by the host club.

4 hours ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Has the members ballot already been done? Can’t remember the closing date for it. I entered the ballot but not sure when the winners were announced. 

It's finished - I think I got a thing saying winners have been informed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GAVFV77 said:

realistically, how many returns would you get for a typical away game even if refunds were allowed? even if i guessed 20 tickets for a 3k allocation i'd say that's an overestimation. most people would rather lose the 30 quid than the away point if they can't make the game

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

realistically, how many returns would you get for a typical away game even if refunds were allowed? even if i guessed 20 tickets for a 3k allocation i'd say that's an overestimation. most people would rather lose the 30 quid than the away point if they can't make the game

Fair point but the opportunity would be nice!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

most people would rather lose the 30 quid than the away point if they can't make the game

True - and this is part of the problem I think. One of the good things about modern turnstile entry points is that Villa will get back a list of unused tickets from West Ham and the club are able to link those back to the people that bought them and monitor those that buy tickets and don't use them. Which of course, inadvertently encourages touting - once it's important that the ticket gets used so that you keep your points, passing it on becomes crucial.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

True - and this is part of the problem I think. One of the good things about modern turnstile entry points is that Villa will get back a list of unused tickets from West Ham and the club are able to link those back to the people that bought them and monitor those that buy tickets and don't use them. Which of course, inadvertently encourages touting - once it's important that the ticket gets used so that you keep your points, passing it on becomes crucial.

well this was discussed in one of the fan meetings a year or so but never confirmed. it would need the buy in of the home club to provide that detail to the away club which i'm not sure is happening.

and even if it did...cars break down, trains get cancelled, people get sick...how do they deal with people who have genuine reasons for not attending? seems harsh to be effectively punished through no fault of your own

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â