The 2024 Paris Summer Olympics

sne

33 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

What a finish to the marathon. Great to watch. 

Bronze in the 5000, Bronze in the 10000, Gold in the marathon! That is nothing short of legendary from Sifan Hassan

• Like 2

14 hours ago, sne said:

American NBA players (apart from Curry) are all Noah Lyles level insufferable asshats. Just a horrible bunch of entitled arrogant douche bags. 

Funny part is the NBA community doesnt like Lyles either because he rightfully had a pop at the NBA winners getting called world champions

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Funny part is the NBA community doesnt like Lyles either because he rightfully had a pop at the NBA winners getting called world champions

Yeah that's the one good thing about him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Bronze in the 5000, Bronze in the 10000, Gold in the marathon! That is nothing short of legendary from Sifan Hassan

Plus what she did in Tokyo. Truly one of the goats 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Jokic and the lads been out celebrating their bronze a bit before the medal ceremony :D 

Good to see some dentist chair style celebrations 

• Like 1

Weightlifting might be boring but the personalities of the women lifters matches the weights they are lifting 

Cartwheels , carrying the coach on stage , singing Ecuadoreans … what wasn’t to like 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, a-k said:

Except the original post mentioned USA needed to dominate. They didn't. Struggled vs Serbia and only pulled away late (KW.gif) vs France due to Curry

Tbh the games I’ve watched every time Serbia or France started closing the gap or winning, USA upped their defence and those teams couldn’t handle it.

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Crazy match/ending in the women’s basketball. One of the best 4th quarters I’ve seen in a while.

Just came here to say the same, fantastic!

The UK finishes 7th in the medal table, behind the Dutch by a single gold, with 14. On total medals, we're 3rd, beating France by 1 medal, with 65, but **** miles behind China (91) and obviously the US (126).

We've beaten our total for Tokyo, but I suspect there'll be a review at Team GB HQ about the drop in gold medals from the last Games. We've missed a number I suspect they'll have banked on being nailed on wins.

8 hours ago, a-k said:

Except the original post mentioned USA needed to dominate. They didn't. Struggled vs Serbia and only pulled away late (KW.gif) vs France due to Curry

👍👍 I didn’t see the original post 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

And funnily enough they’ve been gloating like them winning the gold proves their point. 

When actually it does the exact opposite 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

The UK finishes 7th in the medal table, behind the Dutch by a single gold, with 14. On total medals, we're 3rd, beating France by 1 medal, with 65, but **** miles behind China (91) and obviously the US (126).

We've beaten our total for Tokyo, but I suspect there'll be a review at Team GB HQ about the drop in gold medals from the last Games. We've missed a number I suspect they'll have banked on being nailed on wins.

Yeah it’s been disappointing. But you could probably point to the track cycling as the difference. 

It’s been immensely entertaining, but for GB’s standards the track cycling has been a real let down.  

6 golds in Tokyo and just 1 in Paris. The difference in that would lift us to 4th in the medal table alone. 

in terms of the medal table it’s our worst games in 20 years

Yes the track cycling has been a huge disappointment, given we've been able to rely on that for what, the last 4, 5 games? to deliver a decent chunk of our gold medals. Obviously on the women's side losing a key member to a freak injury doesn't help but it's clear this isn't a world beating generation like we've had before, everyone else has caught up. I suspect heads might roll.

Brailsford will be devising new things to inje- sand down their shoes a bit more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Yes the track cycling has been a huge disappointment, given we've been able to rely on that for what, the last 4, 5 games? to deliver a decent chunk of our gold medals. Obviously on the women's side losing a key member to a freak injury doesn't help but it's clear this isn't a world beating generation like we've had before, everyone else has caught up. I suspect heads might roll.

Brailsford will be devising new things to inje- sand down their shoes a bit more.

Brailsford hasn't been the performance director of Team GB cycling since 2014.

10 minutes ago, jones1328 said:

Brailsford hasn't been the performance director of Team GB cycling since 2014.

Doesn't he also work for United now?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â