The 2024 Paris Summer Olympics

sne

5 hours ago, Chindie said:

Gold in the climbing was a great watch.

I've seen the speed one before but not that one, was brilliant to see, that's why all these sports should be here, not a chance I'd watch that under any other setting 

Paulino with a monster 400 meter. Only the 2 dopes Koch and Kratotchvilova, and Naser has done better times.

Breaking is a bit weird isn't it?

With zero knowledge of break dancing and out of pure ignorance watching the women not the men it's not as explosive or as "wow" as I hoped it would be 

Edit - my commentators keep bigging up these classic beats too and how they're in time with the music....I'm really not seeing that, commentators talking a lot too, it's non stop which I think is spoiling my enjoyment of it

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

How can they manage to miss the landing of the final shot in the women's shot put :D  Exciting ending in both that and in the Heptathlon.

Posted (edited)

Funny how in the post-race interviews, you get a good sense of the person as well as the athlete. Rai Benjamin, what a lovely bloke. 
Watch and learn, Mr Lyles. 

Edited by choffer
Typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Breaking is a bit weird isn't it?

With zero knowledge of break dancing and out of pure ignorance watching the women not the men it's not as explosive or as "wow" as I hoped it would be 

Edit - my commentators keep bigging up these classic beats too and how they're in time with the music....I'm really not seeing that, commentators talking a lot too, it's non stop which I think is spoiling my enjoyment of it

BBC just showed the gold medal face off 

It made knitting seem exciting tbh … my ears have just about recovered from the god awful track they were dancing to

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Hobsons Choice said:

Just seen the football final. Man that French keeper is absolutely cack.

Was he called Robin l’Olson ? 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Weightlifting must be the most boring event in the Olympics.

Total disagree with that. One of the best events! And probably the most democratic in terms of all nations having chances of winning medals.  

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Total disagree with that. One of the best events! And probably the most democratic in terms of all nations having chances of winning medals.  

Unless you're Bulgarian 

3 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Unless you're Bulgarian 

Weightlifting has the lowest gap between the highest and lowest GDP countries in terms of medals won than any other Olympic sport in the last 50 years. Unsurprisingly cycling mountain bike and equestrian sports have the highest.

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

It made knitting seem exciting tbh … my ears have just about recovered from the god awful track they were dancing to

Again without a clue what I'm watching....

I'm glad those 2 got to the final as after what I did watch last night they were definitely the best, personally I preferred the style of nicka and thought she was more dynamic but after watching the final this morning on Eurosport (who didn't talk all over it at least) and hearing their commentator saying stuff like excellent understanding of the music and oh she's so brave going first etc etc maybe my ignorance of it all spoiled it

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Still should never have been an Olympic "sport". What next, Sottish country dancing? Speed knitting? Watching paint dry?, staring competition?

8 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Still should never have been an Olympic "sport". What next, Sottish country dancing? Speed knitting? Watching paint dry?, staring competition?

Yeah as much as I wanted to see what it was all about and it wasn't that bad it's never an olympic sport in a million years

The climbing, skateboarding, surfing, BMX, mountain biking etc I can all see an argument for, after last night I can't see one for this 

The next step in 2026 is to just have a full on Olympians got talent contest 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â