The 2024 Paris Summer Olympics

sne

Someone said it yesterday but it's annoying me again today, BBC coverage of the field events is terrible. I love the track stuff but I'd rather see the field than 15 mintues of celebrations and analysis after every race. Especially when you can hear the events getting exciting and dramatic in the background. Pole vault and discuss almost completely ignored this evening. 

(I know, I should have got discovery but working away from home so can't put it on the TV and the wifi is awful). 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Not as much as running the 5th fastest time ever in the 400 and still come second 😬

Indeed, but that race was absurd. Very weird to see someone come from nowhere like that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Also, the USA chap beat his PB by like ten seconds??? Hmmm....

It's a fast track, and he has very light shoes. And there was a wind that only favoured Americans. And he really needed the loo.

Just now, Chindie said:

It's a fast track, and he has very light shoes. And there was a wind that only favoured Americans. And he really needed the loo.

That would explain why he came from nowhere and blatted his way to the front of the steeplechase. Couldn't hold onto the lead though in the end and got a silver.

Hope the chap that hit the barrier and smacked into the floor is ok. Looked a proper nasty fall.

17 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Also, the USA chap beat his PB by like ten seconds??? Hmmm....

Legitimately? I know Cole Hocker came out of nowhere in the 1500m to beat his PB by 3 seconds and I thought that was amazing but 10 whole seconds? God damn 

10 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Hope the chap that hit the barrier and smacked into the floor is ok. Looked a proper nasty fall.

World record holder at that. Never seen such a hard fall in the SC. What a smack :(

23 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

Someone said it yesterday but it's annoying me again today, BBC coverage of the field events is terrible. 

Their coverage of the whole thing is awful. Eurosport is the place to go, commentators who actually know the sports and have been following them for years not days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Legitimately? I know Cole Hocker came out of nowhere in the 1500m to beat his PB by 3 seconds and I thought that was amazing but 10 whole seconds? God damn 

Just checked and it was more like nine seconds, but still, a huge personal best.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danwichmann said:

Someone said it yesterday but it's annoying me again today, BBC coverage of the field events is terrible. I love the track stuff but I'd rather see the field than 15 mintues of celebrations and analysis after every race. Especially when you can hear the events getting exciting and dramatic in the background. Pole vault and discuss almost completely ignored this evening. 

(I know, I should have got discovery but working away from home so can't put it on the TV and the wifi is awful). 

Haven't watched a great deal but I have also noticed there's way too much gabbing.

Bit like SkyScumSport post match bollox after the football.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The 400m race was incredible Hudson Smith was so unlucky 

Yeah, he seemed to ease up towards the end, totally unaware that he was about to be overtaken. 

Silver medal is still better than bronze or no medal though - well done Hudson Smith. In 4 years time you can emulate Keely Hodkinson and win the gold

This 10k swimming in the Seine event is not as great as they hoped I think. Never mind the polluted water but the swimmers are swimming so close to the edge that the high walls of the bank is obscuring them from the spectators in the stands above. At least they get to see the safety boats, that's fun right.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â