The 2024 Paris Summer Olympics

sne

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

BBC or Discovery?

BBC don't have that. Everything they have is free to air (some of it is on the iplayer)

Discovery+ is £4 for a month, so you could sign up for that for a month and get everything.

It's also free if you have a sky subscrption

so for £4 you get the whole Olympics package, red button style watch anything you want?

that's not bad, I know its not free but its not like they're taking the piss

Just now, villa4europe said:

so for £4 you get the whole Olympics package, red button style watch anything you want?

I have been watching on Discovery and it's much much better.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That would be good. Horrible excuse for a sport. 

Or an event that the poorer countries actually have a chance of medalling unlike ones like cycling and rowing which cost millions to have the up to date kit?

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep you get everything live. No ads either.

The commentators and the general presentation isn't as good as the BBC but I guess when they're stretched over so many events it's difficult.

But yeah for £4 it's not bad at all. I get it free with Sky but I'd have happily paid that

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No ads either.

Really? I've seen so many ads while watching. The 30-minute final of the men's surfing was littered with them. Or is that just when you're watching retrospectively?

But in totallity, you're right. It's great value even if my missus is bored with it all. She even said she couldn't wait for the football season to start as at least that's only a couple of games a week. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, choffer said:

Really? I've seen so many ads while watching. The 30-minute final of the men's surfing was littered with them. Or is that just when you're watching retrospectively?

But in totallity, you're right. It's great value even if my missus is bored with it all. She even said she couldn't wait for the football season to start as at least that's only a couple of games a week. 

If you watch the feed of the actual EuroSport channel then you get the ads that are on there as it's just a direct feed of their channel

But if you scroll down on the Discovery+ app there's a section that says something like "Live uninterrupted" and you can get everything there without ads, including the stuff they're showing with ads on the actual channel

I've not watched anything retrospectively on there so not sure if that applies to that

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not saying I hold little hope for GB in the men's skateboarding today............ But our competitor is 51 years of age😟

Tatty Mcloued, the bi - lingual comedian, had me in stitches with her impersonation of a Parisian's reaction to the Olympics. Such perfect French too.

Edited by sheepyvillian

31 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm not saying I hold little hope for GB in the men's skateboarding today............ But our competitor is 51 years of age😟

I wouldn't be shocked to see him do alright. Probably not a medal but a decent showing. He's an actual pro, for a very long time, he'll been there and done that for all of it.

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Or an event that the poorer countries actually have a chance of medalling unlike ones like cycling and rowing which cost millions to have the up to date kit?

Well they can get into walking then. Easy. Just walk. Quickly. Cheap as anything. No excuses.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see him do alright. Probably not a medal but a decent showing. He's an actual pro, for a very long time, he'll been there and done that for all of it.

Didn't qualify for the final but no shame on him. The qualifying level was very high, and seemed to reward the things he wasn't going to do, really big air tricks, when his thing seems to be more consistent small tricks. Looking him up he's actually really decorated in his career, most X Games medals etc etc, but this probably wasn't an event he was going to succeed in, especially now he's old. He mentioned in an interview the big trick he did was one he invented so didn't want to do it and **** up...!

3 hours ago, peterw said:

Another thing - Paula Radcliffe is absolutely horrible to listen to. it sounds like she's gasping for air every 5 words or so.

She doesn't sound well.

• Like 1

When Radcliffe appeared on BBC's coverage yesterday in a wide angle shot it looked like she was wearing a very strange sheer but crinkled blouse or something over the top she had on. It was only when they did a close up that it wasn't a blouse, it was her arm. She had very prominent very clear veins in her arm that at a distance made our look like she had a thin crinkly shirt sleeve on. Really weird. 

Looked ill as well in her face.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â