The 2024 Paris Summer Olympics

sne

8 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

I'm getting really annoyed with BBC coverage, too much nattering about shite. Barely showing anything from the field events then skimming over them.

All to do with the rights of what they can and can't show. Discovery have the exclusive rights.

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

I'm getting really annoyed with BBC coverage, too much nattering about shite. Barely showing anything from the field events then skimming over them.

They don’t have the rights. They’re showing as much as they can

• Thanks 1

Olympics is meant to be free to air aren't they. I know Discovery+ had summat going on but didn't realise they could dictate what others are showing

12 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

Olympics is meant to be free to air aren't they. I know Discovery+ had summat going on but didn't realise they could dictate what others are showing

I mean why would they bid for the rights if they couldn't?

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Josh Kerr is such an insufferable word removed it made me almost glad we didn’t get gold in the 1500m

Don’t know much about him so how did you come to that conclusion?

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Don’t know much about him so how did you come to that conclusion?

Various interviews I’ve seen of him. Seems incredibly cocky and arrogant 

33 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

They paid a couple of billion quid for the rights to show everything. 

A certain amount has to remain free to air, hence why the BBC still cover it. But in terms of being able to show everything live they don’t have it

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Various interviews I’ve seen of him. Seems incredibly cocky and arrogant 

Most elite athletes have a degree of arrogance to be fair. They need massive self belief and a winning mentality to reach the top. 

I’ll have to look up his post final interview when back in the UK. 

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Most elite athletes have a degree of arrogance to be fair. They need massive self belief and a winning mentality to reach the top. 

Yeah but most of them manage to not sound like a word removed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

That looked a pretty disgusting decision in the Boxing , Richardson clearly won that 

Yep agreed, I’ve only seen 2 fights this Olympics this one and Delicious Orie, both looked like the British fighters had won and both lost. Not impressed by the judging at all.

• Like 1

Regarding the Kerr defeat, classic mistake, whilst concentrating on the Norwegian, he totally underestimated the other runners. Reminded me a little of when Ovett ended up with the bronze in the 1500 at Moscow, when he was favourite for gold.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep agreed, I’ve only seen 2 fights this Olympics this one and Delicious Orie, both looked like the British fighters had won and both lost. Not impressed by the judging at all.

Nothing new. It's looking very likely that boxing won't even be a part of the next Olympics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Nothing new. It's looking very likely that boxing won't even be a part of the next Olympics. 

That would be good. Horrible excuse for a sport. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That would be good. Horrible excuse for a sport. 

I would say that boxing is a sport, but whether it should remain in the Olympics I am not sure.

I think the Olympics is becoming bloated.

Off the top of my head...and in my opinion...😉

Dressage is not a sport and shouldn't be in the Olympics

Break dancing is not a sport and shouldn't be in the Olympics

Skate boarding is not a sport and shouldn't be in the Olympics

Too many multiple sailing events, the boats all look the same and it all looks like chaos most of the time.

Surfing is not a sport it's a leisure activity and shouldn't be in the Olympics.

Golf shouldn't be in the Olympics.

The steeplechase athletics event is pointless.

I am sure there is more to add to this list

10 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

For sure, Russia for example take all the punishment (probably because they're public enemy number one at the moment) but they're not doing anything that the US or China haven't been doing at the same time. 

im not so sure, i havent seen the russian documentary which is supposed to be very good

my limited knowledge of it was from a BBC doc years ago which after a google might have been an episode of Horizon in 2016, basically said that the anti doping banned substance list gets issued once a year, i think its january, the drug compnaies know this the drs know this, so the drug company push their new products back until February, the team drs then spend 11 months giving it to their athletes, new year new list that product gets banned the drug company and the dr move on to the next one, they stay one step ahead of the list, there's an industry around it - they're basically giving the athletes drugs that aren't banned yet

the doc also went on to cover the british guy who won a medal at the winter olympics for the skiing in salt lake city but then had it stripped because of a banned substance and it turned out that he had a cold, purchased a vicks nasal inhaler thing and the recipe for that product in the US was different to the one in the UK, the UK one was fine the yank one wasnt - again the american olympic / athletics team have an army of drs for that kind of shit

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They paid a couple of billion quid for the rights to show everything. 

A certain amount has to remain free to air, hence why the BBC still cover it. But in terms of being able to show everything live they don’t have it

I've not even looked as we still get the lot here on the terrestrial tv app* but do they do an Olympics pack? like a £30 ticket for the two weeks? or even just let you pay the £8 for the month? 

* i had mates over at the weekend and we all kind of said how weird it was that the footage is shaped around germany and german athletes and not necessarily the british, its noticeable how the producer (?) chooses to jump around with the athletics footage and who they cover

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I've not even looked as we still get the lot here on the terrestrial tv app* but do they do an Olympics pack? like a £30 ticket for the two weeks? or even just let you pay the £8 for the month? 

* i had mates over at the weekend and we all kind of said how weird it was that the footage is shaped around germany and german athletes and not necessarily the british, its noticeable how the producer (?) chooses to jump around with the athletics footage and who they cover

BBC or Discovery?

BBC don't have that. Everything they have is free to air (some of it is on the iplayer)

Discovery+ is £4 for a month, so you could sign up for that for a month and get everything.

It's also free if you have a sky subscrption

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

I would say that boxing is a sport, but whether it should remain in the Olympics I am not sure.

I think the Olympics is becoming bloated.

Off the top of my head...and in my opinion...😉

Dressage is not a sport and shouldn't be in the Olympics

Break dancing is not a sport and shouldn't be in the Olympics

Skate boarding is not a sport and shouldn't be in the Olympics

Too many multiple sailing events, the boats all look the same and it all looks like chaos most of the time.

Surfing is not a sport it's a leisure activity and shouldn't be in the Olympics.

Golf shouldn't be in the Olympics.

The steeplechase athletics event is pointless.

I am sure there is more to add to this list

Golf absolutely should be in the Olympics. It's about as pure a form of sport as you can get - see also Darts, which also should absolutely be in the Olympics.

Anything with horses shouldn't be. The rest are debateable, but I'm not a fan of anything that relies on judging rather than an actual measure of ability - though I say that having enjoyed the diving, which should remain, and the BMX for example.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â