The 2024 Paris Summer Olympics

sne

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The Thames is actually pretty clean from what I've read. It doesn't look clean, but it's mostly just mud that makes it look like that. If you let the water settle it's pretty clean

I mean it was in 2012. I imagine these days it isn't

Oh maybe around that time it was pretty clean but now it constantly stinks lol(assuming because of the crap thrown into it) There was a period in time a lot of people went down to the bank of the river during the summer and it was fine. Although one time I did witness a guy taking a dump and trying to kick it into the river lol.

When I pop into central London, I don’t really see that many people there anymore. 

40 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Really enjoyed the canoe slalom free for all races 

Sport I didn't know existed. What are the rules exactly? Touch the green tube, round the red and roll under the blue one? Just watched my first 2 races now. 

Would be even better if they were allowed to wack each other in the face with the paddle.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Would be even better if they were allowed to wack each other in the face with the paddle.

Oh, that happens too. One of the earlier rounds, one of the competitors crossed the finish line with claret squirting out of his face. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Oh maybe around that time it was pretty clean but now it constantly stinks lol(assuming because of the crap thrown into it) There was a period in time a lot of people went down to the bank of the river during the summer and it was fine. Although one time I did witness a guy taking a dump and trying to kick it into the river lol.

When I pop into central London, I don’t really see that many people there anymore. 

You can literally see the effluent running under Tower Bridge some days. You know when there’s been a discharge into the river as it stinks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Track cycling underway. The highlight of the Olympics

I'm having to go full Bicks on this one. Half-lap-cetrifuge-spinn-cycle. Unwatchable

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tegis said:

I'm having to go full Bicks on this one. Half-lap-cetrifuge-spinn-cycle. Unwatchable

3rd track on the Fall’s debut half-lap-centrifuge-spinn-cycle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tegis said:

It’s absolutely **** brilliant 

Some poor sound guy probably got a bit of a wake up there as a discus smacked right into the microphone on the ground :D 

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Gold in the first track cycling event. Love to see it. This is where GB move up the medal table

Sophie Capewell, one member of the team is from Lichfield. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tegis said:

It’s probably slight more worthy of being in the Olympics than break dancing but at least break dancing doesn’t encourage  loads of Lycra wearing people to clog up the roads at the weekend  😄

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Duplantis wins the pole vault and the most given gold in the whole Olympics. Doubt there is any athlete in any sport that is so far ahead of his competitors. Let's see if he can break another world record. 

6.10, new Olympic record. 6.25 next up.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hodgkinson  wins the 800 meters. And at her age a chance to be a multiple winner. Great stuff.

Impressive control, infront basically the whole race

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Duplantis wins the pole vault and the most given gold in the whole Olympics. Doubt there is any athlete in any sport that is so far ahead of his competitors. Let's see if he can break another world record. 

6.10, new Olympic record. 6.25 next up.

The guy's a machine. Incredible athlete. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â