The 2024 Paris Summer Olympics

sne

Adam Peaty tested positive for covid today after winning silver yesterday. He said after the final that he didn't feel well but didn't want to make any excuses. That is some going winning an Olympic silver medal and being some way from 100%. 

• Like 2

I'm loving it. Diving good, mountain biking was a crazy last lap and the move for Gold, kayaking excellent again, skateboarding was fun too.

It's also great to see athletes ecstatic at winning Bronze or Silver and the great sportsmanship, rather those dickhead sulking footballers who take their runners up medals off.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm loving it. Diving good, mountain biking was a crazy last lap and the move for Gold, kayaking excellent again, skateboarding was fun too.

It's also great to see athletes ecstatic at winning Bronze or Silver and the great sportsmanship, rather those dickhead sulking footballers who take their runners up medals off.

I’m torn on your second paragraph, yes it’s great to see people happy for getting a medal. But the Olympics is different than any sporting events. An Olympic medal is a huge achievement and something that people dream of getting, you don’t dream of coming a runner up in teams events. It’s not just footballers who take off runners up medals. I think at times it shows that will to win, something English footballers have been accused of lacking.  

• Like 1

On 16/07/2024 at 20:43, Follyfoot said:

super heavyweight boxing title

Seemed a really harsh decision to go against Orie today, looked like he landed a hell of a lot more shots. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Never watched mountain biking before very good!  Gold for our boy.

**** incredible end to that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mens Triathlon postponed due to the poor water quality in the Seine. Can't imagine the water is any better tomorrow but who knows. Was always gonna happen. Athletes told at 4 am this morning is a bit shit.

Big worry obviously still sharks and WW2 mines...

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Mens Triathlon postponed due to the poor water quality in the Seine. Can't imagine the water is any better tomorrow but who knows. Was always gonna happen. Athletes told at 4 am this morning is a bit shit.

Big worry obviously still sharks and WW2 mines...

It will be the runoff from the storm on the weekend. If they have fine weather for a few days it might well improve. 

Just now, LondonLax said:

It will be the runoff from the storm on the weekend. If they have fine weather for a few days it might well improve. 

Would be pretty sad if they had to host a Duathlon instead of a Triathlon.

• Like 1

One for the "Things that piss you off that shouldn't" thread but I get irrationally irritated when I hear/see that U.S.A, U.S.A, U.S.A, U.S.A chant from the crowd. Some of them are possibly not bad people but I still want them to have a terrible time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Delicious the Boxer robbed! He won that fight

It's olympic boxing. Results have been bought in it for as long as it's been in the olympics. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's olympic boxing. Results have been bought in it for as long as it's been in the olympics. 

So like professional boxing then.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Did you watch it?
I thought he won

It doesn't matter who wins in the ring, what matters is who paid the judges the most. 

On 27/07/2024 at 09:05, sidcow said:

Apparently Sydney also hoisted the Olympic flag upside down.

Surely over there that's the right way up ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I remember years and years ago, and I'm talking like 20 years probably, predicting on here that GB would finish ahead of Russia in the 2012 Olympics medal table.

I was laughed at by one poster in particular.

It happened. And I was never able to remember who the poster was, and they almost certainly wouldn't have cared or even remembered. But it gave me immense internal pleasure to be right :D 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â