The 2024 Paris Summer Olympics

sne

On 27/07/2024 at 19:08, mikeyp102 said:

There is no sporting spectacle like the Olympics. As others said above just find yourself watching some sports you’d never normally consider.

Watched the skateboarding tricks event today.  Was fun even though I didn’t have a clue who was doing what.  

Also I thought it weird that all the competitors were around 12-16 years old.  

Can only young kids do skateboarding, you’d expect a 21 year old to have more experience but still be young enough to be able to beat these 14 year olds. 

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

On 16/07/2024 at 20:43, Follyfoot said:

Got to be honest all I’m interested in is 100 m and 200 m men’s also the heavyweight. super heavyweight boxing title the rest to me is neither here or there. massively enjoyed Ovett Cram and Tory boy back in the day, same as Thompson

Think with the saturation of live sport these days the Olympics is not the same. There's only so much live sport you can tolerate. I will probably start watching when the athletics start. I was a fan of the 80s in the Coe, Cram and Ovett days. But although Coe won two golds and two silvers, Ovett a gold and a bronze. Cram never won an Olympic gold.  

On 28/07/2024 at 07:57, delboy54 said:

Dissappointed with the BBC's limited coverage of the Olympics, is it worth subscribing to Discovery instead?

Yes it gives you access to everything for less than the price of a pint.

• Thanks 1

Street skateboarding is a terrible spectator sport. A billion variations on ollies into rail grinds. Hopefully the park event should be interesting to watch.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes it gives you access to everything for less than the price of a pint.

And I'm fairly certain it's free if you have a sky subscription anyway

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

2028 they need to introduce the paperboy event, based on the 80s arcade game.

Nah in 2028 they need to trick every competitor into thinking they are entering their normal event but just make them all participants in the Hunger Games instead.

That'll get the viewing numbers up

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

Think with the saturation of live sport these days the Olympics is not the same. There's only so much live sport you can tolerate. I will probably start watching when the athletics start. I was a fan of the 80s in the Coe, Cram and Ovett days. But although Coe won two golds and two silvers, Ovett a gold and a bronze. Cram never won an Olympic gold.  

I think that’s why I love the Olympics. I’ve never paid for Sky sports/Tnt etc, so my sport watching has gone down the last few yrs compared to where it when I was younger, football wise only really watch Villa at VP) or euros/wc, and some highlights. Then I watch some rugby highlights/major tournaments. 
So when Olympics comes I watch as much random crap as I can. 

Hooked on the slalom canoeing Our bloke did well in heats, so could get a medal in the final here.

Gutted for the Senegalese bloke.

Edited by mikeyp102

Just now, NoelVilla said:

I have learned where my line is. Beachvolleyboll. Can't watch it.

It's all good for me dip in and out of different sports.  Skateboarding was on earlier I reckon anyone could be an Olympian now 😉

17 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

I have learned where my line is. Beachvolleyboll. Can't watch it.

I think this Swedish team is really fun to watch with their "jump set" and great defense. Not gonna watch any of the other nations games thou.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â