The 2024 Paris Summer Olympics

sne

23 minutes ago, trekka said:

I still say London 2012 was the best opening ceremony of an Olympic games ever.  

100%. I was convinced it was going to be utterly naff, and I watched it fully prepared to scoff and sneer. 

It was brilliant. 

• Like 1

Any reason why we're getting all of this utterly sh*t musical performances? British team held up on their way from Normandy or something and holding all of the rest of the boats up?

Missed opportunity to not have Around the world by Daft Punk on loop instead of this annoying stuff they are looping. Especially since the dancers are copying the dance from that video.

Nice with Gojira thou.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

100%. I was convinced it was going to be utterly naff, and I watched it fully prepared to scoff and sneer. 

It was brilliant. 

I was based in the outskirts of London at the time of the Olympics so I may feel emotionally connected to it but the atmosphere, the excitement, the surprises...everything was just spot on. 

I still sometimes when I'm bored play it back on Youtube whilst cooking dinner or something.  Yes, I'm that sad :D

52 minutes ago, sne said:

Just you wait, this "sport" is on the rise and will no doubt be in the Olympics before long

I await the inclusion of Rollerball

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It was brilliant. 

Beijing was my favourite but London was great too. 

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It was brilliant. 

Was it The Spice Girls who swung it for you Mike? 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

I await the inclusion of Rollerball

Now THAT I'd watch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Was it The Spice Girls who swung it for you Mike? 

Arctic Monkeys doing 'Come Together'. And I'm not even joking. Ironically, worst bit was McCartney. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â