Next England Manager

Demitri_C

Next England Manager  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who should next England Manager be?

• Eddie Howe
    • Graham Potter
    • Lee Carsley
    • Big Sam
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Someone else?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/24 at 21:00

42 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

So many of you slated Southgate relentlessly, but have no clue at all who should replace him. Explain.

Replace him with a manager who is competent, the list is long and I can't type all their names in before I pass away ....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Replace him with a manager who is competent, the list is long and I can't type all their names in before I pass away ....

What a cop out. He has the best tournament record of any England manager ever, aside from Sir Alf winning at home over far fewer matches, when football was infinitesimally simpler. Please try harder.

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

What a cop out. He has the best tournament record of any England manager ever, aside from Sir Alf winning at home over far fewer matches, when football was infinitesimally simpler. Please try harder.

Southgate has apparently rented space in Spurs trophy cabinet...

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think  carsley is a more horrific appointment 

Lee Carsley is one of the most highest respected English coaches in football

11 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

We can’t see into the future or into the minds of potential managers to read their thoughts. That’s about it. Oh, also, not everyone agrees on the same new manager. All pretty normal stuff tbf

Not the actual point. Nobody can slag off Southgate, without having a better suggestion.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Martinez would be an absolutely horrific appointment

Martinez was probably the worst coach at the Euros including Southgate. His fawning over Ronaldo was worse than Southgate over Kane and ruined a potential trophy win

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Josep Gombau is a better manager than Southgate....

Carsley or Potter.

Carsley the continuity candidate, company man. 

Potter is basically all the stuff the FA will like about Southgate off the pitch, presentation etc wise, whilst having a reputation for innovative coaching practices and playing flexible, attacking 'good' football - aka everything everyone's been pointing out is bad from Southgate. If he wants it, I'd be surprised if he didn't get it.

Going from u21 to seniors seems to bring more success than hiring some big gun. De la Fuente being the obvious example, Scaloni being the other, and whether you like or not, Southgate. 

I've heard for a decade now maybe how good Carsley is as a coach but I've heard all this about Holland before him and Beale etc.

Do we actually know what Carsley is like how he views the game? As he might be a good coach but if he's from the Southgate 2000s mentality as I fear he might be then it counts for nothing when you're in the hot seat and need results.

Only my opinion, but we need someone who can manage the egos, expectations and personalities. Southgate did this very well, and I think this part of the job is going to get a lot harder over the coming years.

53 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I've heard for a decade now maybe how good Carsley is as a coach but I've heard all this about Holland before him and Beale etc.

Do we actually know what Carsley is like how he views the game? As he might be a good coach but if he's from the Southgate 2000s mentality as I fear he might be then it counts for nothing when you're in the hot seat and need results.

He was hired by City when Pep joined  and also worked at Brentford and was successful at underage level with England

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think  carsley is a more horrific appointment 

Those aren't the only two choices.

I'd have rather kept Southgate than get Martinez. He's a proven failure

10 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

So many of you slated Southgate relentlessly, but have no clue at all who should replace him. Explain.

A lot of people had no clue who should have replaced Gerrard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Those aren't the only two choices.

I'd have rather kept Southgate than get Martinez. He's a proven failure

Thankfully

I dont think martinez is even on the list tbh.

I think its one of potter poch and howe. 2 of the 3 wont be attainable so i think they go for potter. It makes sense and most of the country would be happy with that

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thankfully

I dont think martinez is even on the list tbh.

I think its one of potter poch and howe. 2 of the 3 wont be attainable so i think they go for potter. It makes sense and most of the country would be happy with that

Yeah I don't think there's any chance it'll be Poch

I think Potter is probably the best choice.

I don't think Howe would take it, the England job is below him at the moment.
I also think his style would give us problems. His teams are high intensity, high press teams and i don't think you can really do that with England.

Potter seems the right combination of carrying on the culture that Southgate has instilled whilst actually knowing what he's doing on the pitch