Next England Manager

Demitri_C

Next England Manager  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who should next England Manager be?

• Eddie Howe
    • Graham Potter
    • Lee Carsley
    • Big Sam
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Someone else?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/24 at 21:00

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Big Sam should get another shot at the job.

He had a 100% winrate.

I wouldn’t bet against it..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, viivvaa66 said:

FA are saying that an interim manager is in place for the international matches in September, if a permanent manager aren’t in place before.

The interim manager they are talking about have to be Lee Carsley, since it have to be somebody from inside FA.

The two matches in September are against Ireland and Finland, perfect opportunity to impress against weaker opposition.

Unless FA find somebody before September, we would end up with Lee Carsley, that could get the job the same way Southgate did.

With Carsley having played two years at Small Heath at the end of his career, should we expect them to retire his shirt number if he gets the job?

• Haha 1

Potter with carsley as assistant with a view to carsley taking it on, transition the style of football and players from u21s where we can and potter could organise the current squad in a way that wouldn't make watching them damage your soul.

1 hour ago, FLVillan said:

With Carsley having played two years at Small Heath at the end of his career, should we expect them to retire his shirt number if he gets the job?

Won't be picking any of the DVB then

Mate 

🤣

Good international manager needs to be a pragmatist I think … or if it’s a “system” manager they need to be blessed with the right group of players that suits their system.

By pragmatist I mean like the Ancelotti, Zidane, Hiddink type of manager.

Managers who’ve built their entire career around a specific formation or a very drilled style will I think usually fall short.

The problem is you’ll always have a weakness in at least one of your key positions and a surplus of talent in another, and you won’t be able to fix that in the transfer market. And it will change from tournament to tournament.

Right now, we’re short on the silky midfield metronome who controls the tempo, we’re short on direct wingers and left backs. We have too many free 10s and inverter wingers. If Kane fades now we won’t have loads of strikers.

The concern is that Bellingham, Foden and Palmer are now creating a Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes situation, and we’ll need a manager with the tactical nous and man management skills to handle that properly. Especially as Bellingham seems to have a Titanic-sized ego.

Of the supposed options, I think Klopp would handle the egos and the media best but would struggle with shoehorning the available players into his preferred style. Howe would probably be best at cobbling together a system that matches the players, but would struggle more with the man management. Potter would just fold under the pressure IMO. And Carsley, who knows, he won’t have that cohort to carry through in the same way Southgate did. It’s an established side now.

Tricky decision for the FA.

Klopp wants a rest from football. Pep has another year at city. They would be my first choice but I can't see either of them taking the England job. Carsley appointment wouid be typical of the FA very underwhelming with no experience of club management.  Rather have Potter 

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Well, she’s already brought it home

The usual clowns are criticizing her because she hasnt done anything in the mans game yet then say should hire winners like Potter or Poch :D 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The usual clowns are criticizing her because she hasnt done anything in the mans game yet then say should hire winners like Potter or Poch :D 

Tbf, she definitely one from the woman’s, game I wouldn’t mind seeing how she does in the man’s game.  

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Well, she’s already brought it home

Well I would take her every day over Gerrard, Lampard and that crew. I think it would be awful for the women’s game though if she essentially steps from the women’s team to the men’s team. I don’t see this as realistic anyway.

As to Howe, Klopp, Potter and Pep, international management just doesn’t attract successful club managers anymore. Out of that group I think only Potter would take the job. 

My gut says we are going to end up with some shite like Lampard and will be longing for the days of Southgate. 

34 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

So many of you slated Southgate relentlessly, but have no clue at all who should replace him. Explain.

We can’t see into the future or into the minds of potential managers to read their thoughts. That’s about it. Oh, also, not everyone agrees on the same new manager. All pretty normal stuff tbf