Next England Manager

Demitri_C

Next England Manager  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who should next England Manager be?

• Eddie Howe
    • Graham Potter
    • Lee Carsley
    • Big Sam
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Someone else?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/24 at 21:00

35 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Southgate dealt brilliantly with the the off pitch bullshit, and created the right environment from which build to a team and play excellent football. Unfortunately he was completely incapable of building a team. He took our individual diverse talent, forced them to suppress any individuality and all play like journeyman defenders.

So, given the footballing stuff now needs sorting, it's Howe for me. I think he could build on the psychological side that Southgate established, but actually craft a decent exciting team around the individuals. It'd be good for teh Ingerlund, and shite for Newcastle. Win-win.

Not really it means they can throw money at an elite manager to replace him.

Edited by gwi1890

Of those out of work and rumoured so far and if we're sticking with the "must be English" nonsense, Potter plays the best football. I'd be happy with him.

• Like 1

No way is Gerrard going to be England manager yet. He's on mega bucks at Saudi and the FA won't buy him out of his contract when the value of it is so high.

International football is about having systems that you can adapt quickly depending on who's available and who you're playing. Getting in someone who rigidly sticks to the same XI and setup is going to be us treading water, if not going backwards. I don't think there's single English manager who can do that, so I think we should look abroad again. We've already got the Prem which is dominated by overseas players, I don't think it matters where the manager comes from.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

England could do a lot worse than Thomas Frank

Thats a good shout

I wouldnt  say no to rodgers tbh either

Edited by Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Of those out of work and rumoured so far and if we're sticking with the "must be English" nonsense, Potter plays the best football. I'd be happy with him.

True enough, it just depends how he will handle these players with mega egos. He did well at Brughton but there were no stars and not so well at Chelsea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats a good shout

If you want Toney up front... seriously isn't he more a counter attacking manager. I think I am more liking Eddie Howe myself. His experience at Newcastle will serve him well.

Just now, PaulC said:

If you want Toney up front... seriously isn't he more a counter attacking manager. I think I am more liking Eddie Howe myself. His experience at Newcastle will serve him well.

I quite like frank. Nice guy comes across well plays very good football and gets best out of what he has

We've got very good and a few world class players in the England squad. 

Big issue is, if we want an English Manager, there is not one who I'd class in them 2 categories. 

My choice would be Gary O'Neil I think he's been impressive with what he's done in a short managerial career and I'd hope he'd setup the team in a system, with a style of play, not just shoehorn all the names in. 

I don't see the likes of Klopp going anywhere near this. I don't think the FA will entertain that sort of manager, they want one they can firmly plant their hand up the ass of and control the narrative. 

Half the reason we've not won more as a country. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Could he do it without the peds though. 😂

Martinez could be a outside bet he has international experience 

Ill tell you a good outside bet would be montella. He really impressed with turkiye imagine what he could do with this group of players?

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Southgate dealt brilliantly with the the off pitch bullshit, and created the right environment from which build to a team and play excellent football. Unfortunately he was completely incapable of building a team. He took our individual diverse talent, forced them to suppress any individuality and all play like journeyman defenders.

So, given the footballing stuff now needs sorting, it's Howe for me. I think he could build on the psychological side that Southgate established, but actually craft a decent exciting team around the individuals. It'd be good for teh Ingerlund, and shite for Newcastle. Win-win.

What are you doing here? 

get-out-leave.gif

3 hours ago, supermon said:

Go and get the best manager that can do the job, shouln't matter what nationality they are

I used to agree with that but over the years I've come round to thinking that international football should be judged on that nation's managerial and coaching ability as well as the players on the pitch.

• Like 1

FA are saying that an interim manager is in place for the international matches in September, if a permanent manager aren’t in place before.

The interim manager they are talking about have to be Lee Carsley, since it have to be somebody from inside FA.

The two matches in September are against Ireland and Finland, perfect opportunity to impress against weaker opposition.

Unless FA find somebody before September, we would end up with Lee Carsley, that could get the job the same way Southgate did.

23 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

FA are saying that an interim manager is in place for the international matches in September, if a permanent manager aren’t in place before.

The interim manager they are talking about have to be Lee Carsley, since it have to be somebody from inside FA.

The two matches in September are against Ireland and Finland, perfect opportunity to impress against weaker opposition.

Unless FA find somebody before September, we would end up with Lee Carsley, that could get the job the same way Southgate did.

Depends if under 21 have big qualifiers. Lampard as interim wouldnt be a shock