Next England Manager

Demitri_C

Next England Manager  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who should next England Manager be?

• Eddie Howe
    • Graham Potter
    • Lee Carsley
    • Big Sam
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Someone else?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/24 at 21:00

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I can’t imagine an Argentinian would ever manage England 

I dont think it would bother many english people as he will bring success i think. Its more the Argentinian fans wouldnt accept this

I'm in the camp that the England manager should be English, so it has to be either Howe or Potter. 

If it is going to be non-English, I always wanted Mourinho to get a chance. That's not going to happen though. 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That means veey little though tbh. He has never worked with high profile players like kane or bellingham. Potter has and so has poch. Whether poch is interested thats a different thing altogther. 

He was blues youth coach and probably Bellingham childhood hero considering the club he played for😂

Players would probably respect Carsley more than Potter or Howe as had a decent career and a well respected coach

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think it would bother many english people as he will bring success i think. Its more the Argentinian fans wouldnt accept this

He would be risking his life if he took the England job as an Argentinian. Not a chance

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was blues youth coach and probably Bellingham childhood hero considering the club he played for😂

Players would probably respect Carsley more than Potter or Howe as had a decent career and a well respected coach

Not sure Carsley would be comfortable in the spotlight though. He never seemed to want the job at any of the clubs he coached at and ROI FA were basically begging him to take their job but he wasn't interested.

O.K ROI are a poor team nowadays but they do have 3-4 decent young players so might be better by 2028.

In an ideal world Carsley would already have managed in premier league but he hasn't.

Said yesterday but going down that route Steve Cooper would be a decent pick although that would mess up Leicester's preparation for the new season. He managed all of Foden, Guehi, Gallagher and Sancho in the under 17s.

Edited by VillaChris

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Id love deano to get it but the mwdia would destroy him so i kind of want him to stay away from it. Im torn

I think he'd be perfect. Likes to build an ethos and team spirit much like Southgate but plays better football. Think he'd be a great choice 

Potter for me, i think he'd be a good evolution from Southgate, with good man mangement skills but importantly wanting to play attacking football building out from the back.

"I want a tactically flexible, attacking, possession-based team. Players that are brave, that aren't afraid to make mistakes. That can get on the ball and show courage and really try to enjoy their football. If the players are enjoying their football, there's a chance that the supporters will enjoy it as well. That's how you grow and develop."

22 minutes ago, regular_john said:

I think he'd be perfect. Likes to build an ethos and team spirit much like Southgate but plays better football. Think he'd be a great choice 

Media simply won't be having a guy with two recent relegations on his CV and now managing in MLS, he'd face an uphill struggle from day one. Given DS is such a great bloke I'd hate to see him get that treatment.

One little problem. For all the fantastic work DS did here it did used to frustrate me how he'd sit on his hands many times in second halves taking ages to get fresh legs on when we were struggling so I'm not sure his in game management decisions are really that much better than Southgate.

This generally is a huge weakness of British coaches I think. They put insane trust in the starting 11s they put out and take so long to change things tactically or with subs when it doesn't work out or opposition makes a switch.

DS would be a good under 21 coach pick though.

Edited by VillaChris

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Absolute zero chance Deano is getting the job. Take the Villa specs off and imagine the uproar if hired an MLS manager for any top job

Now imagine hiring the manager who got Middlesborough relegated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Now imagine hiring the manager who got Middlesborough relegated.

Ultimately Southgate was in the FA system for years and far more well known to the public given his player status than DS so not really comparable. No different to Stuart Pearce and Peter Taylor having caretaker stints in the 2000s.

• Like 1

Southgate dealt brilliantly with the the off pitch bullshit, and created the right environment from which build to a team and play excellent football. Unfortunately he was completely incapable of building a team. He took our individual diverse talent, forced them to suppress any individuality and all play like journeyman defenders.

So, given the footballing stuff now needs sorting, it's Howe for me. I think he could build on the psychological side that Southgate established, but actually craft a decent exciting team around the individuals. It'd be good for teh Ingerlund, and shite for Newcastle. Win-win.

3 minutes ago, Anthony said:

shite for Newcastle. Win-win.

I don't know about this, he's done a good, but not superb job, and I suspect if he's replaced in the summer it'll be them throwing money at a more accomplished manager.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I don't know about this, he's done a good, but not superb job, and I suspect if he's replaced in the summer it'll be them throwing money at a more accomplished manager.

Tuchel at Newcastle would be scary, they'd be back up challenging top 4 so that would be the calibre they'd be targeting once Howe leaves.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â