Next England Manager

Demitri_C

Next England Manager  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who should next England Manager be?

• Eddie Howe
    • Graham Potter
    • Lee Carsley
    • Big Sam
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Someone else?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/24 at 21:00

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if they appointed Lampard, but I’m sure it would be a terrible idea. 

He was on the BBC panel this tournament which genuinely was watching a different tournament to the majority when England were playing.

Lampard in club football can't organise defences either. Think Chelsea conceded 50 + goals the season he was there so struggling to get far in major finals if the defence are letting two in on regular basis.

Where's the "I don't care" option?

spacer.png

• Haha 3

If a genuine top class manager such as Guardioa, Klopp, and so on is unavailable, then the most obvious solution is Lee Carsley, he has the U21s playing scintillatingly fantastic football, the best football I've seen England play at that level, it's night and day from what the likes of Boothroyd and Southgate offered, in terms of style it's far out from what the senior team currently offers, he's knows most of England's best young talents having coached them and coached them well, of course some say it's only U21 football, but that remonstration doesn't hold true for U21 football at international level, because it's the very best players being managed and being managed against, of course he isn't an hyped up name that the well intentioned masses will rejoice at, but he makes more sense, than some names being mentioned, Eddie Howe leads the poll? and people bemoan Southgate? they're from the same work hard and wait for a moment of brilliance school of thought, either get a serial winner, or someone who will get this exciting generation playing total football. One question with Carsley though is would he be so brave to play the football he does at U21 level with the seniors where the pressure is much higher, and I don't think he's a particularly good manager per se, if he was appointed at club level I wouldn't be convined he was going to do well, just in theory he should be uniquely suited to the young England team. Another concern is that if Carsley was given the senior job, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lampard given the U21 job, with a view to eventually becoming senior manager

Rooney.

After Southgate, I no longer care about international football.

But I do kinda care for Argyle and if we can get them some money for getting that clown out of there, then that's a win/win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant believe im gonna say this but id rathee go with gerrard than lampard. Lampards failed everywhere he has gone.  Gerrard has had one success and failed everywhere else 

Honestly potters the best free agent out there. I think he would be good

We shouldn't be going for any English coach tbh, maybe Howe. They're all tactically inept and engrained in negative football and shit the bed tactics.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He was on the BBC panel this tournament which genuinely was watching a different tournament to the majority when England were playing.

Lampard in club football can't organise defences either. Think Chelsea conceded 50 + goals the season he was there so struggling to get far in major finals if the defence are letting two in on regular basis.

The opposite to Southgate then 

Not Howe, he’d be a decent enough candidate, but he’s not quite elite, ergo  Newcastle aren’t elite. If he left I think they could appoint a proper elite manager and I don’t want that. 

13 minutes ago, colhint said:

go abroad, I can't remember who the last English manager to win anything. Domestically or European

Done that twice before though without success. Best England managers have been English

Ramsey, vennables, Robson, Southgate.

The FA will inevitably make the wrong appointment. Fully expect Fwank Lampost to get the job..

9 minutes ago, colhint said:

go abroad, I can't remember who the last English manager to win anything. Domestically or European

I would like them to just look at English managers only, to make sure Emery isn’t going to be a candidate.

Otto Rehhagen is the only “abroad” manager to have won an international tournament. We have had two managers from abroad, neither that successful. I would an assume a foreign manager would have less passion about being an England manager, and most likely not given it 100%.

Think if Southgate goes now, Potter is the obvious available and reasonable option. Doubt Howe would leave Newcastle for it unless expecting sack soon.

Outside bet Carrick? same kind of route as Southgate, if the ex-player thing holds weight, he's perhaps better bet than Gerrard/Lampard/Rooney who've all flopped in their big opportunities

I think people thinking we would go and get a Klopp or Guardiola type appointment are going to be very disappointed. England did a whole review of everything, years ago. Coaching from the top down. That's why we have the squads that we have now. Everyone was moaning about Maguire constantly being in the team, but was constantly injured or awful for United. Gone are the days of throwing in the best players, and moulding a team. It's a blend of the top performing players (kane, foden etc) and throwing in a youngster who's been playing incredibly well (Mainoo, Palmer). On the other end, players who have hardly ever put a food wrong (your Maguires, Trippiers etc). Even though they may not have had the best of seasons. It's the same with the coaches. They'll want someone they can build with and especially with an U-21 coach who knows the youngsters and can bring them through. Spain have done with De La Fuente. 

To me it screams Carsley all day long as the next England coach, whenever that happens to be. But what do I know? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

I would like them to just look at English managers only, to make sure Emery isn’t going to be a candidate.

Otto Rehhagen is the only “abroad” manager to have won an international tournament. We have had two managers from abroad, neither that successful. I would an assume a foreign manager would have less passion about being an England manager, and most likely not given it 100%.

It's one of the highest paid jobs in the sport. So I think a candidate would be well focused on keeping that job, same as any other profession. 

Also if you look at the most vowed league in the world there is only one Englishman in the top ten. And it's been like that for ages

Edited by colhint

1 hour ago, colhint said:

It's one of the highest paid jobs in the sport. So I think a candidate would be well focused on keeping that job, same as any other profession. 

Also if you look at the most vowed league in the world there is only one Englishman in the top ten. And it's been like that for ages

Southgate is on £5mill per year. Emery makes £8mill.

No, the England manager job is not the best payed job out there, far from it.

That means you can an English manager that mainly do it for King and country or something like that, plus a salary, or you get a top foreigner to take a pay cut, or you get a foreigner on the level FA pays. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â