Next England Manager

Demitri_C

Next England Manager  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who should next England Manager be?

• Eddie Howe
    • Graham Potter
    • Lee Carsley
    • Big Sam
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Someone else?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/24 at 21:00

I’d love a 2 year stink with Jose, but unlikely as he just took another job.

Klopp would do a great job too I’m certain.

We’ll get someone underwhelming from the under 21’s or someone’s assistant who knows how to do what he’s told and not rock the boat.

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think Lampard might be OK.

Sherwood would have just won that Euros with this England squad and he's better than him.

2 proper WTF’s in this post :lol:

Lampard & Sherwood, both been shit everywhere they’ve been a manager, let’s give them a massive job! 

It’s like saying Liz Truss would do a great job as a future PM.

Edited by Genie

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’ll get someone underwhelming from the under 21’s or someone’s assistant who knows how to do what he’s told and not rock the boat.

Not sure how true it is but seems US are talking to Klopp about the World Cup

• Like 1

Scott Parker feels like a FA company man. Sharp dressed and looks like a WW2 airman. Boringly plain mediocre manager. Gotta be him surely. They can afford to buy him out from Burnley.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

2 proper WTF’s in this post :lol:

Lampard & Sherwood, both been shit everywhere they’ve been a manager, let’s give them a massive job! 

It’s like saying Liz Truss would do a great job as a future PM.

Look, we'd all had a drink.

It's more a hammering of Southgate which I'm happy to say again sober. He has no positives, only negatives.

Lampard is the sort of nicey nicey bloke FA might go for. And he's free.

Sherwood would be better than Southgate because we'd go at teams. This squad go at teams, it puts them down. Maybe we wouldn't win tournaments, but we aren't winning them at the moment. And we're playing terribly.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Look, we'd all had a drink.

It's more a hammering of Southgate which I'm happy to say again sober. He has no positives, only negatives.

Lampard is the sort of nicey nicey bloke FA might go for. And he's free.

Sherwood would be better than Southgate because we'd go at teams. This squad go at teams, it puts them down. Maybe we wouldn't win tournaments, but we aren't winning them at the moment. And we're playing terribly.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they appointed Lampard, but I’m sure it would be a terrible idea. 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if they appointed Lampard, but I’m sure it would be a terrible idea. 

Terrible in that it would be low chance of success. But we have Southgate at the moment. It's a 0% of success. 

It was so difficult to not win the Euros at home and he managed it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Terrible in that it would be low chance of success. But we have Southgate at the moment. It's a 0% of success. 

You just know that when the FA get the manager right well end up with rock solid draws and people will suggest Southgate was a better manager.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cant believe im gonna say this but id rathee go with gerrard than lampard. Lampards failed everywhere he has gone.  Gerrard has had one success and failed everywhere else 

Honestly potters the best free agent out there. I think he would be good

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Only 3 nations have won the Euros as host, so it isn’t as easy as you try to make it out to be. Also Euro2020 was co-hosted amongst 12 nations, so even if the final was at Wembley, it was not hosted in England like Euro1996. England played the quarterfinal in Rome, so not all matches at home either.

No to Lampard from me.  His punditry in the Euros was a bit cringeworthy, like he was trying to sound tactical but wasn't really convinced that he was actually making any sense.  I think there's a deal to be done with Newcastle for Howe, Potter would be an easy pick but I'm less convinced about him. 

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

You just know that when the FA get the manager right well end up with rock solid draws and people will suggest Southgate was a better manager.

Absolutely 10000% nailed on.

3 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Only 3 nations have won the Euros as host, so it isn’t as easy as you try to make it out to be. Also Euro2020 was co-hosted amongst 12 nations, so even if the final was at Wembley, it was not hosted in England like Euro1996. England played the quarterfinal in Rome, so not all matches at home either.

Not on about any other hosts.

On about that England team.

Playing lots of games at home and still being shit.

Then being 1-0 up after 5 mins.

A chimp in a suit (Sherwood) would have won it from there.

Wouldn't mind a foreign manager, if it meant we could hire an elite tactician. Wouldn't mind seeing someone like Liam Rosenior as part of the coaching setup.

Deano should be an option too. Howe might not want it at the moment, Potter I think would and would be a much more progressive coach...

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Worked for Spain in this tournament.

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant believe im gonna say this but id rathee go with gerrard than lampard. Lampards failed everywhere he has gone.  Gerrard has had one success and failed everywhere else 

Honestly potters the best free agent out there. I think he would be good

Jesus that's like choosing which testicle to smash with a mallett

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â