Next England Manager

Demitri_C

Next England Manager  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who should next England Manager be?

• Eddie Howe
    • Graham Potter
    • Lee Carsley
    • Big Sam
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Someone else?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/24 at 21:00

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Am sure the Daily Mail or The Scum are currently researching his family history for a scandal a relative did back in the 40s and naturally blame Tuchel

Oh you can see the headlines now when we have an iffy qualification draw or lose a tournament game under him. Only in Engerlund

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Am sure the Daily Mail or The Scum are currently researching his family history for a scandal a relative did back in the 40s and naturally blame Tuchel

He partly left Chelsea because he was going through a divorce and I believe one of the papers has predictably dragged that up for one of the editions tomorrow. Our tabloids just bring it on themselves sometimes. 

35 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Im not arsed if the England manager is English, but I do find it disappointing we still aren't able to develop coaches of a required standard.

I'm not sure how we solve the Venn diagram of English managers not getting opportunities at the top clubs because they aren't good enough and not having the experiences to get the opportunities to become good enough.

Im pleasantly surprised they went for Tuchel, I thought they might have gone with Howe.

I think in normal circumstances they'd have gone for Howe but after Southgate era a tactically astute coach who's won stuff is needed more so Tuchel is most realistic out there.

If he can finally get England to win something in next four years then afterwards you can revert back to domestic coach to build something more long term. Carsley might've had a job in the premier league by then so would be deemed more ready if he isn't a disaster. 

I think they'd have probably waited but after the abject performance against Greece they wanted to make an appointment quickly before the next international break. Pointless hanging around when Tuchel was available and Carsley ruled himself out for the slight chance Pep would havre taken the job. Howe was a possibility but not got the credentials of Tuchel. 

• Thanks 1

The Mail have not taken it well, releasing their usual incredible xenophobia but not even trying to mask it or pretending that it is anything but that.

Means it's a good appointment.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

The Mail have not taken it well, releasing their usual incredible xenophobia but not even trying to mask it or pretending that it is anything but that.

They also wheeled out racist Jeff Powell from his retirement home

Any coach has their work cut out in dragging me back to watch England. But I will make the effort as this looks an interesting appointment. I don’t care what country he is from, it’s what he does with the team that interests me. Time will tell but it could have been much worse. 

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

For me it's just round pegs in round holes, get them smiling and send them out full of confidence 

Every England manager in my lifetime has failed with the first, I think he won't, he'll fail with the second 

Which was exactly my point about him undoing the positives that Southgate instilled.

Slate him all you like, but Southgate was very good at the latter, whilst being very poor at the former.

I think the best appointment would have been someone who could carry on those positives but improve the tactics side.
I don't think Tuchel is that. I think he'll undo a lot of that positivity.

If the tactical improvements are enough to make up for that remains to be seen

Really happy with Tuchel. Probably about the best manager that was "gettable" at this point. He's in his prime, a proven track record of winning things and managing high-profile players.

I was really concerned that the FA were trying to give Carsley the job by the back door...giving him the opportunity to beat on a load of 2nd and 3rd rate football nations so they could point to it and justify giving the biggest and hardest job in English football to someone who it's plain to see is woefully unqualified to do.

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Really happy with Tuchel. Probably about the best manager that was "gettable" at this point. He's in his prime, a proven track record of winning things and managing high-profile players.

I was really concerned that the FA were trying to give Carsley the job by the back door...giving him the opportunity to beat on a load of 2nd and 3rd rate football nations so they could point to it and justify giving the biggest and hardest job in English football to someone who it's plain to see is woefully unqualified to do.

They probably were but he couldn't even manage that

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

The way they put German in capitals 

It ain’t the 1940’s anymore, going on like he’s the second coming of hitler 

2 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

They probably were but he couldn't even manage that

I think the speed with which they've moved after the Greece result suggests that either they were in talks for a while before or that they've massively panicked and basically handed Tuchel a blank cheque but yes, I do believe if Carsley had won these games handsomely with some really sexy football they wouldn't have appointed Tuchel.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Giro said:

The way they put German in capitals 

It ain’t the 1940’s anymore, going on like he’s the second coming of hitler 

You'd have thought the Heil would have been delighted to have a second Fuhrer to support.

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

"should be the best of ours versus the best of theirs"

"but i'd make an exception for pep"

embarrassing, even for the daily heil

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â