Next England Manager

Demitri_C

Next England Manager  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who should next England Manager be?

• Eddie Howe
    • Graham Potter
    • Lee Carsley
    • Big Sam
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Someone else?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/24 at 21:00

14 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I have a feeling that Carsley could end up being a really astute appointment, he did win our first U21 championship in something like 40 years whilst playing decent football and not conceding the entire tournament. He's also worked with quite a few of the senior team which will be a help.

Though interim to me suggests the FA are holding out hope they can convince Pep evenutally.

no chance, partly because i just dont think top table managers are interested in international football but also because i think the likes of pep and klopp, managers with a very strong tactical set up and an infectious personality, would struggle at international football

there would be huge amounts of screaming "told you so" when pep finally cant spend money on a team but the reality would be more that he just doesnt get long enough with them

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

no chance, partly because i just dont think top table managers are interested in international football but also because i think the likes of pep and klopp, managers with a very strong tactical set up and an infectious personality, would struggle at international football

there would be huge amounts of screaming "told you so" when pep finally cant spend money on a team but the reality would be more that he just doesnt get long enough with them

absolutely, I don't think the FA will convince him, but I think it's what they'll hope for with his contract being up this year and him being non-comittal about staying. Plus he did supposedly offer himself around 2013 which does make it a not completely out of the question hope, but I do doubt it will happen.

16 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I have a feeling that Carsley could end up being a really astute appointment, he did win our first U21 championship in something like 40 years whilst playing decent football and not conceding the entire tournament. He's also worked with quite a few of the senior team which will be a help.

Though interim to me suggests the FA are holding out hope they can convince Pep evenutally.

By interim I think they might be holding out for Eddie Howe. It just gives them time to make the.right decision because even though Carsley has u21, its a million miles away from the England job. He wouid be.way out lf his depth. 

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Talksport are perpetuating a conversation about Pep taking the job, I can’t be the only person to think he’d have zero interest surely?

It's not like he's going to manage Spain and Catalonia aren't going to have a team ever. If he wants to manage at international level why not take the job that would pay him the most. 

24 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's not like he's going to manage Spain and Catalonia aren't going to have a team ever. If he wants to manage at international level why not take the job that would pay him the most. 

He won about 50 caps for Spain. He is only a proud Catalan for the act

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

No DVB then in the squad from now on then 🤣 ex Blues and Coventry

Yep. As a plus, a call up for Alfee May incoming.

mate.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Strog said:

Just the same as they did with Southgate. Appoint someone who wouldn't get a job anywhere else and is guaranteed to be a "yes man". I despair, pick a manager they couldn't even pick their own noses. Talking of Noses...it's where he learnt everything about football that he knows....mate! 

Lee Carsley heads for Birmingham City exit - Business Live :rolleyes:

Edited by John

1 hour ago, John said:

Just the same as they did with Southgate. Appoint someone who wouldn't get a job anywhere else and is guaranteed to be a "yes man". I despair, pick a manager they couldn't even pick their own noses. Talking of Noses...it's where he learnt everything about football that he knows....mate! 

I guess you could argue is about continuity until they appoint a permanent replacement. But it’s totally uninspiring so will fit in with what is generally norm regarding the England setup. What makes it worse is that it’s a nose. If this clown gets a few decent results he’ll get the job permanently..

• Like 1

On 10/08/2024 at 11:43, John said:

Probably have his shirt number retired now 🤣

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tuchel seems like a great way to undo all the positives that Southgate managed to instill into the team.

It's whether the positives he'd bring would be worth it

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Would be amusing for it to be a German that finally leads England to a trophy.

At least the regular England fans might take action against the 10 German Bomber scum that usually go to games

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

At least the regular England fans might take action against the 10 German Bomber scum that usually go to games

That would be a plus.

On that note, it was only one isolated instance but I heard some dickheads chanting it near Witton station on the way to the Bayern game.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Tuchel seems like a great way to undo all the positives that Southgate managed to instill into the team.

It's whether the positives he'd bring would be worth it

If he wins a trophy he’ll get a statue, anything else and he’ll be treated like vermin.

• Like 2