Next England Manager

Demitri_C

Next England Manager  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who should next England Manager be?

• Eddie Howe
    • Graham Potter
    • Lee Carsley
    • Big Sam
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Someone else?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/24 at 21:00

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

You keep saying this, I just don’t see it at all 

I know i do its because i think the FA will have a strong interest in him. I mean who else is available that is foreign and understands british football like him?

Also got the best out of kane? Its a no brainer if he is interested

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know i do its because i think the FA will have a strong interest in him. I mean who else is available that is foreign and understands british football like him?

A no brainer? You forget this war between us as countries, there is still a lot of hatred there. 

Lee Carsley is Irish the FA probably mean him. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

A no brainer? You forget this war between us as countries, there is still a lot of hatred there. 

Lee Carsley is Irish the FA probably mean him. 

I dont think our country will care so much - the argies might but i cant speak of a nation as i don't know any Argentinian people

I hope to god its not carsley

Edited by Demitri_C

3 hours ago, imavillan said:

I wonder who they have in mind?

Pochettino or Tuchel I reckon will be interviewed.

Personally I'd leave Carsley in charge for the nations league games (which no one really cares about given there was no mention of Southgate actually relegating England to Group B in any of the criticism) and then make an appointment end of 2024, Howe might be available then.

Edited by VillaChris

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tuchel has a far better recent record in premier league and is also far more realistic than Klopp.

Reports were he loved living in London and fancies another crack at premier league so I'd certainly be talking to his agent to see if he could be persuaded to take up international job for a few years. I reckon he'd be German manager now if Nagalsmann had left after the Euros.

Also the complete opposite to Southgate as one of the best coaches at making decisive tactical switches during games.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Tuchel has a far better recent record in premier league and is also far more realistic than Klopp.

Reports were he loved living in London and fancies another crack at premier league so I'd certainly be talking to his agent to see if he could be persuaded to take up international job for a few years. I reckon he'd be German manager now if Nagalsmann had left after the Euros.

Also the complete opposite to Southgate as one of the best coaches at making decisive tactical switches during games.

Tuchel is a great shout but cant s ee him being interested. Also he is very argumentative as we can see how much he falls out with people. Cant see that being a desirable quality that would be attractive to the FA 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tuchel is a great shout but cant s ee him being interested. Also he is very argumentative as we can see how much he falls out with people. Cant see that being a desirable quality that would be attractive to the FA 

He's a World class manager who wins stuff and has an exceptional record in knock out football in last 5 years. He knew he was out at Bayern for months and still beat Arsenal with a great tactical plan and then arguably a Neuer fumble from winning another CL.

From what I remember at Chelsea it was more Bohely wanting to go in another direction with his own manager and that's obviously worked out well for them!

He wanted the Man. United job this summer so he is available and not sure his personality will be a problem compared to working with boards on a day to day basis.

I could see Newcastle going for him in next 12 months or maybe Spurs so think him ending up at England would be good for us.

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's a World class manager who wins stuff

that's questionable, certainly after last season - just like poch he's not the top table manager that he's made out to be, I'm hoping he goes to utd after ETH

i think players down tools for him, he was excellent for chelsea in the first year, their defence was incredible and i thought after winning the CL he'd go on to win the PL...and they just werent interested, the surprising thing with bayern last year was their defence was **** terrible

not that it would matter with england but i also think he doesnt have control at his club, PSG he was vocal about their transfer policy, chelsea they bought a ton of players that he didnt want

he's a EL 8th to 5th place manager in the PL IMO - again, same as poch

• Shocked 1

15 hours ago, imavillan said:

I wonder who they have in mind?

I'd say Tuchel, Poch, Ancelotti, and Klopp are their optimistic options.  Don't see any of them taking it though.

It will end up being Potter.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Pochettino or Tuchel I reckon will be interviewed.

Personally I'd leave Carsley in charge for the nations league games (which no one really cares about given there was no mention of Southgate actually relegating England to Group B in any of the criticism) and then make an appointment end of 2024, Howe might be available then.

Pochettino might be a good fit. Would get us playing some good stuff I reckon, while continuing the tradition of inevitably being unable to win anything 😅

• Like 2

Just go for Carsley. Getting a big name never works. Tournament football is just different and those that succeed are rarely big names but rather those who came through the national system. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

that's questionable, certainly after last season - just like poch he's not the top table manager that he's made out to be, I'm hoping he goes to utd after ETH

i think players down tools for him, he was excellent for chelsea in the first year, their defence was incredible and i thought after winning the CL he'd go on to win the PL...and they just werent interested, the surprising thing with bayern last year was their defence was **** terrible

not that it would matter with england but i also think he doesnt have control at his club, PSG he was vocal about their transfer policy, chelsea they bought a ton of players that he didnt want

he's a EL 8th to 5th place manager in the PL IMO - again, same as poch

It went wrong for Bayern in the league but they were still a keeper error away from making CL final, that would've been Tuchel's third CL final in four years. Also lost both domestic finals with Chelsea in 2022 and comfortably made top 4 so better than what they've been doing recently.

He's a very good cup/tournament manager which is surely what England are looking for.

11 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I'd say Tuchel, Poch, Ancelotti, and Klopp are their optimistic options.  Don't see any of them taking it though.

It will end up being Potter.

If Ancelotti isn't taking the Brazil job he isn't walking out on Real Madrid to go to England. I also think Klopp is genuinely taking a year out so not sure you'd wait until summer 2025 and by that time they'll be plenty of decent club jobs available. Can't see Kompany lasting long at Bayern Munich so think it's nailed on he goes there.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If Ancelotti isn't taking the Brazil job he isn't walking out on Real Madrid to go to England. I also think Klopp is genuinely taking a year out so not sure you'd wait until summer 2025 and by that time they'll be plenty of decent club jobs available. Can't see Kompany lasting long at Bayern Munich so think it's nailed on he goes there.

Yup, pretty much why I don't think it will be any of them. Tuchel won't be interested either. Just saying that's who they'll want to talk to. 

20 hours ago, Spoony said:

Just go for Carsley. Getting a big name never works. Tournament football is just different and those that succeed are rarely big names but rather those who came through the national system. 

He is bottom of the pile for me

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He is bottom of the pile for me

I'm kind of warming to the idea of Carsley. He knows the players. He's familar with the set - up, also he will have us playing a far better brand of football than Southgate could offer. 

Another thing, it's about time we had a national football coach from the Country's second biggest City. 

• Shocked 1

Isn't this just typical of the FA?

They want to appoint Crapsley on a permenant but they know there'll be a backlash so they're going to give him the opportunity to beat up on 2nd and 3rd rate football nations for the next few games so they can say "look how well he's doing".

• Like 2

I have a feeling that Carsley could end up being a really astute appointment, he did win our first U21 championship in something like 40 years whilst playing decent football and not conceding the entire tournament. He's also worked with quite a few of the senior team which will be a help.

Though interim to me suggests the FA are holding out hope they can convince Pep evenutally.