Next England Manager

Demitri_C

Next England Manager  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who should next England Manager be?

• Eddie Howe
    • Graham Potter
    • Lee Carsley
    • Big Sam
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Someone else?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/24 at 21:00

21 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm focusing on Southgate. We haven't beaten anyone we weren't expected to beat.

Spain beat Italy, Germany, France and England. When did England really put in a great performance under Southgate's tenure? 

Yes, Sven and Capello were poor/awful, but that doesn't mean Southgate is brilliant. He's done average at best and played an appalling brand of football. 

Actual stats don't read to good and should be noted. These are from before the Euros, although will not show any improvements.

92 games 57 wins

7 wins from 23 games versus Fifas current top 10

4 wins from 19 against  world cup winners

I think given the standard of the players it will be pretty difficult for the next manager to have England playing worse than England were at this tournament.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Lineker then said that Gerard deserved more time at Villa.

Lineker is one of those blokes who I think gets an awful lot of credit because he's a fairly nice, well-spoken man, but also because most of the time when we hear from him, he's just asking pundits questions and rarely expresses many opinions himself.

The more I've heard the kind of shit he says on this podcast of his, the less I think about his opinion on football.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Unless Newcastle intend getting rid of him 

They wanna keep him, an FA would have to pay compensation to take him, an they ain't gonna do that. 

I'd say if not foriegn, it'll be Carsley interim maybe, then Potter. I think it was already sorted too.

6 hours ago, TheFish said:

Howe's not leaving Newcastle for the England job.

He is not turning down England. No chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

Did anyone listen to the Rest is Football on Southgate leaving? 

After the “Gareth was a great lad” nonsense they started to talk about who should the next manager be. 

This is where it gets interesting from a Villa point of view. According to Micah (the clown) Lampard should’ve got promoted with Derby and did a great job there and then got screwed by Chelsea and they should’ve given him more time. He also said Gerard was brilliant at Rangers. He accidentally forgot to mention his time at Villa. 

Lineker then said that Gerard deserved more time at Villa. He also said he would be happy with Lampard as the England manager. 

As an Irish man I find this just baffling. Both Lampard and Gerrard were top players. But both are bang average managers who have been given top jobs based on their playing days. You’d be insane ti put them in charge of the national team. But these guys have so many mates in the media I could see Lampard getting it. 

Liam Rosenior would be a better choice than either of them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Herman22 said:

As an Irish man I find this just baffling. Both Lampard and Gerrard were top players. But both are bang average managers who have been given top jobs based on their playing days. You’d be insane ti put them in charge of the national team. But these guys have so many mates in the media I could see Lampard getting it. 

Very generous calling them bang average. Neil Warnock be a bang average manager, these two clowns are rungs below him in ability

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Herman22 said:

After the “Gareth was a great lad” nonsense they started to talk about who should the next manager be. 

This is where it gets interesting from a Villa point of view. According to Micah (the clown) Lampard should’ve got promoted with Derby and did a great job there and then got screwed by Chelsea and they should’ve given him more time. He also said Gerard was brilliant at Rangers. He accidentally forgot to mention his time at Villa. 

Lineker then said that Gerard deserved more time at Villa. He also said he would be happy with Lampard as the England manager. 

You made the mistake of listening to Linekar and Richards there. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, TheFish said:

Howe's not leaving Newcastle for the England job.

What's the target for next season, I think he gets sacked if you can't do better than 7th. Could even happen mid season if you're 5-10 points off top 4.

It's a big season for Howe and I don't think he'll still be Newcastle manager in June 2025.

15 hours ago, Herman22 said:

They had Lampard on BBC panel for Euros so not going to stick it into him but again that is rewriting of history. Derby had all of Mount, Tomori, Harry Wilson on loan that season so it wasn't some cobbled together 11 and they'd finish in play offs in previous seasons. Chelsea he did alright for six months but they conceded 50 + goals and that defensive weakness was exposed the next season.

Slippy stuff reminds me of Danny Murphy saying Emery wasn't doing much better than him and it took two minutes for Villa fans to email in and put him right.

England will fail badly appointing either of those two.

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What's the target for next season, I think he gets sacked if you can't do better than 7th. Could even happen mid season if you're 5-10 points off top 4.

It's a big season for Howe and I don't think he'll still be Newcastle manager in June 2025.

If England want Howe this is all they have to do. Newcastle owners will sack him if he isn't in the top 6 by Christmas. And I don't think they will be.