Next England Manager

Demitri_C

Next England Manager  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who should next England Manager be?

• Eddie Howe
    • Graham Potter
    • Lee Carsley
    • Big Sam
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Someone else?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/07/24 at 21:00

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I've heard for a decade now maybe how good Carsley is as a coach but I've heard all this about Holland before him and Beale etc.

Do we actually know what Carsley is like how he views the game? As he might be a good coach but if he's from the Southgate 2000s mentality as I fear he might be then it counts for nothing when you're in the hot seat and need results.

So good that not even Birmingham offered him their job when he was care taker? If he was any good a queue of championship clubs would have formed over the years.

Time for yes men and company men is over. We need to do exactly what Villa did when we appointed Emery - go for the best option regardless of cost.

Klopp and Guardiola are pipe dreams.

Howe and Pochettino are both great candidates.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

A lot of people had no clue who should have replaced Gerrard

Yep, plenty were bizarrely advocating we should keep Gerrard in until Feb/ March as they thought there was no one decent out there. In the end we acted like big clubs should and identified a World class manager under contract and paid what was needed to get him mid season.

Someone like Tuchel would be a massive upgrade on Southgate. He is more realistic than Klopp or Pep so if FA are desperate to take the next step they make that sort of appointment.

Howe would be acceptable based on his premier league record.

Potter would be I think a case of playing far better Football but get the feeling would be same lack of killer instinct at business end. Feels like he'd be the type of England Manager to get really bad luck with draws aswell. His Chelsea stint wasn't a success at all but they usually get a load of lower league teams at home in early round of cups. Potter comes in and they draw Man. City away in both competitions. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

30 people have gone for someone  else on the poll? Who ?

Smith, just to balance out the small heath jooooodfest

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Smith, just to balance out the small heath jooooodfest

Id love deano but the media will break him and i dont want to see that

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Klopp (on the basis it’s basically a part time job so he gets the rest he wanted).

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

I vote @Zatman

No need for a shortlist, just get it done 👍 

IMG_2024.jpeg.d7e677fd67b619ce03218cd1d0f1dc19.jpeg

Edited by ferguson1

18 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

What a cop out. He has the best tournament record of any England manager ever, aside from Sir Alf winning at home over far fewer matches, when football was infinitesimally simpler. Please try harder.

We've a great generation of players and always fall short when playing a decent team in a competitive game. Plus he's taken the joy out of the national team for a lot of fans. 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He won’t get it, but I quite like Carrick. He has got Boro playing some really decent stuff, and if the FA go down the ex-player route he is miles better and infinitely more likeable than Slippy/Lampard/Rooney. He is English, he knows how to win from his playing days, and he seems to have a bit of tactical nous about him as well.

6 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

No need for a shortlist, just get it done 👍 

IMG_2024.jpeg.d7e677fd67b619ce03218cd1d0f1dc19.jpeg

The FA will have THE best biscuit spread laid out for them 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

The FA will have THE best biscuit spread laid out for them 

Don’t forget, he firstly likes all the salad and all the sauces with his naan kebab!  Biscuits and pudding come later.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

We've a great generation of players and always fall short when playing a decent team in a competitive game. Plus he's taken the joy out of the national team for a lot of fans. 

Does anybody study history any more?! The same was true of every England manager, except Sir Alf in 1966 - all in home matches and when football was much simpler.

Just now, Django_Zooms said:

Does anybody study history any more?! The same was true of every England manager, except Sir Alf in 1966 - all in home matches and when football was much simpler.

I'm focusing on Southgate. We haven't beaten anyone we weren't expected to beat.

Spain beat Italy, Germany, France and England. When did England really put in a great performance under Southgate's tenure? 

Yes, Sven and Capello were poor/awful, but that doesn't mean Southgate is brilliant. He's done average at best and played an appalling brand of football. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The FA will think they did the right thing appointing Southgate from the 21's so they will offer it to carsley. Whether he takes it or not remains to be seen. If carsley turns it down it will be howe and second choice potter. 

9 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm focusing on Southgate. We haven't beaten anyone we weren't expected to beat.

Spain beat Italy, Germany, France and England. When did England really put in a great performance under Southgate's tenure? 

Yes, Sven and Capello were poor/awful, but that doesn't mean Southgate is brilliant. He's done average at best and played an appalling brand of football. 

Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it. [Edmund Burke (1729-1797)]