Who's on the pens?

tommytenjobs

Anyone but Watkins.  Quite why anyone would advocate giving pens to someone who has only scored 4 out of 9 is beyond me.  His goalscoring record is irrelevant, penalties are a different skillset, and one he doesn't have.  

• Like 1

Under no circumstances should Ollie be the penalty taker. He can't strike a dead ball it's as simple as that.

Love the guy, he's our best ever PL striker, wouldn't trade him for the world, but his actual technique is pretty bad and probably telling of his grass roots background

He was a good goalscorer before, still couldn't take a penalty.

At 28 or 29 no matter how much practice he puts in he isn't going to learn how to strike a ball differently. It's engrained and his ball striking is patchy.  Even the penalties he's scored in the past, I recall one nearly hitting the bar and another a very safe effort not in the corner.

He doesn't have the pinpoint accuracy.

and the "let him miss a few before we take them off him" is literally Southgate talk. I'm not bold to make a decision so i will wait until it's made for me, and it's cost us points and wins.

Emery won't be allowing Watkins to take penalties.

Edited by rodders0223

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â