Amadou Onana

wishywashy

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Did anyone see Onana was the only player singing the champions league anthem in the lineup before the game. Please tell me has has learnt the lyrics. Haha

Gonna release a single with Hause.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Did anyone see Onana was the only player singing the champions league anthem in the lineup before the game. Please tell me has has learnt the lyrics. Haha

You kidding? I've never ever seen anyone singing it, that would be a bit embarrassing.

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

Aren’t the lyrics just “the champions” in various languages? And Onana speaks 5 or something fluently. He’s probably just saying the words as they happen rather than having learnt anything. 

• Like 2

Zadok the priest. Please tell me this has been discussed to exhaustion elsewhere on VT, and you don't need a self-righteous and error-prone American to explain that. I must not understand something huge here, right? For the love of god, please.

Zadok the priest
And Nathan the prophet
Anointed Solomon king
And all the people
Rejoiced, rejoiced, rejoiced
And all the people
And all the people
Rejoiced, rejoiced, rejoiced and said
God save the king
Long live the king
God save the king
May the king live forever
Amen, amen, alleluia, alleluia, amen, amen
Amen, amen, alleluia, amen
God save the king
Long live the king
May the king live forever
May the king live
May the king live
For ever, for ever, for ever
Alleluia, alleluia, amen, amen, amen
Amen, amen, alleluia, alleluia, alleluia, amen
Long live the king
God save the king
Long live the king
May the king live
May the king live
For ever, for ever, for ever
Alleluia, alleluia, amen, amen, amen
Amen, amen, alleluia, alleluia, alleluia, amen

Edited by Marka Ragnos

It's been played at every coronation since it was composed in 1727... i guess Prince William will have mixed thoughts when they play it before his anointing and he'll be thinking of the Villa in the Champions League just before he is made King 👑

6 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Zadok the priest. Please tell me this has been discussed to exhaustion elsewhere on VT, and you don't need a self-righteous and error-prone American to explain that. I must not understand something huge here, right? For the love of god, please.

Ha, they don’t actually perform Zadok the Priest before each match - that is over 5 minutes long. They perform a 1992 composition by a guy called Tony Britten, who shamelessly nicked some of Handel’s music and adapted it to make his own anthem. The words are:

Ce sont les meilleures équipes
Sie sind die allerbesten Mannschaften
The main event

Die Meister
Die Besten

Les grandes équipes
The champions

Une grande réunion
Eine große sportliche Veranstaltung
The main event

Ils sont les meilleurs
Sie sind die Besten
These are the champions

Die Meister
Die Besten

Les grandes équipes
The champions

Onana knows all three languages here, and more. I read somewhere he has asked the Spanish speaking coaches and players to talk to him only in Spanish so he can learn that language to add to the 5 he is already fluent in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Ha, they don’t actually perform Zadok the Priest before each match - that is over 5 minutes long. They perform a 1992 composition by a guy called Tony Britten, who shamelessly nicked some of Handel’s music and adapted it to make his own anthem. The words are: ...

Interesting! Thanks. I think I've got a handel on it now. 😉

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â