Amadou Onana

wishywashy

36 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They're wrong because Wolves popped us off the pitch. Largely because we had no control.

He was performing well, one of the most effective in our side. Doesn’t have to mean it was right though - only one effective player suggests the system was wrong. We annihilated them second half after the changes.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

He was definitely our best player before he come off. Sure 90% of villa fans would agree 

A guy in front of me in K5, Holte End, labelled Onana "a useless word removed" after about an hour. I replied, "three goals in five games". He gave me a torrential of abuse too. 

Nice guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I watched him for most the game. He'd always come towards the ball and he was square on and facing Emi everytime and he was largely rightly ignored.

I think he's a great age, good talent, and option and a good buy overall but atm he's a bit of a problem.

The game changed when Barkley came on because we had two players who can play in tight spaces, on the half turn and can go both ways. Onana really can't do any of that. He's almost too big.

Onana won some tackles put himself about and caught the eye somewhat but if you can't see he was doing all that stuff because of his lack of prowess on the ball then you don't really no football and I can't help you, sorry and goodnight.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

In possession he offers next to nothing.

Sorry , I just don't see it.

What a ridiculous statement, he offers loads, he just tired that’s all, he’s always a threat in the box, and defends well. also settling into a new team and different coaching, that’s it write him off after 4 games, classic villa fans 

17 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

A guy in front of me in K5, Holte End, labelled Onana "a useless word removed" after about an hour. I replied, "three goals in five games". He gave me a torrential of abuse too. 

Nice guy.

I had this last season back end of lower Holte by a middle aged lady in a wheelchair (well she was far from a lady) and he cretin young 20’s companion who I can only assume was her son.They were ripping into Bailey when he got injured, calling him a sick note, faking an injury and waste of space. I mean who needs enemies when your own fans are complete and utter cretins. 

• Like 3

I thought he was really good in the first half and did a lot of the dirty work that was required.  If McGinn is out for a couple of matches - I'd like to see Onana play with Tielemans and Barkley - I think it will give the other two more licence to control the ball, but also with them in the team it will also give him more ability to attack the opposition box too. 

I think now it’s looking clear, Away games he should start, as well as tough home games. However games at home where we expect to have most of the ballBarkley and Maatsen would be better.

• Like 2

He was somewhere between being completely useless offering next to nothing and our best player. 

Either viewpoint is wrong. Not his best game but he definitely contribute and was more positive than negative. He'll play better for us in other games for sure. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â