Amadou Onana

wishywashy

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What makes you think he played a lot of minutes last season? According to transfer market he played about 30 games worth of minutes for Everton.

Compare that with Dougie who played 48 games worth.

I think he's the kind of player that will get knocks because of his style but hopefully nothing ever too serious.

Well according to transfermarkt he played in 30 of 38 games in the league, three games in a row in november/december he was injured. In the 30 games, he played around 80 mins or more in 20 of them. He started all 7 games in the FA Cup and EFL Cup, played around 80 mins or more in all 7 games. He additionally played in 7 games for Belgium during the season. Then he played all minutes in all four games in the Euros.

That adds up to 48 games during the season and summer. In 38 games he played around 80 mins or more, most of them the whole game.

Regardless if Dougie played more minutes, do you really not agree that Onana played a lot last season?

edit: needed to check my maths there a bit 🙂

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

12 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

He played about 2000 minutes in the PL for Everton last season (Big Sean in his infinite wisdom decided that Amadou wasn't good enough for Dycheball and stopped picking him as a starter). I seem to remember that Everton fans mentioned Onana spends a fair bit of time on the ground as well, so there may be a bit of play-acting going on (when he got dispossessed by McNeil on Saturday was anything really hurt other than his pride?). Also, if we do need to give him a rest, we've got Kamara ready to step in, and that is one hell of a strong replacement option.

As in my previous post, you need to also take into consideration that he played 18 games in the Cups and for Belgium, and mostly played the full games in those.

What Everton fans say I'd take as much with a pinch of salt as the Leicester fans who said Tielemans was past it and couldn't run anymore.

A bit of play acting I agree with.

11 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Well according to transfermarkt he played in 30 of 38 games in the league, three games in a row in november/december he was injured. In the 30 games, he played around 80 mins or more in 20 of them. He started all 7 games in the FA Cup and EFL Cup, played around 80 mins or more in all 7 games. He additionally played in 7 games for Belgium during the season. Then he played all minutes in all four games in the Euros.

That adds up to 51 games during the season and summer. In 44 games he played around 80 mins or more, most of them the whole game.

Regardless if Dougie played more minutes, do you really not agree that Onana played a lot last season?

He played a lot but I don't think it was excessive when compared to all the top midfielders that also play International football.

They all play loads of minutes and I'd argue a lot more than Onana did. It's a not a concern in my opinion.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He played a lot but I don't think it was excessive when compared to all the top midfielders that also play International football.

They all play loads of minutes and I'd argue a lot more than Onana did. It's a not a concern in my opinion.

The point was that he then played so much in the Euros and then almost directly flew to the US and played in the friendlies, then the new season kicked off.

Many others got breaks in the summer, he didn’t and that I think is worrying, especially as he has limped on and off the last games (didn’t see any of that at the Euros).

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â