Amadou Onana

wishywashy

2 hours ago, 6065_Villa said:

I'm expecting our 6 foot 6 midfielder to be stronger to be honest

He may be tall and look imposing but he's not the bulkiest bloke. Almost nudging Peter Crouch territory.

If anything we learned from yesterday it's we've competition in central midfield. Onana has been great up until yesterday and Barkley has had two good performances off the bench now pushing for a start. Tielemans has simply been outstanding and we've one of our best players returning to fitness. 

Competition and importantly impact from the bench. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If anything we learned from yesterday it's we've competition in central midfield. Onana has been great up until yesterday and Barkley has had two good performances off the bench now pushing for a start. Tielemans has simply been outstanding and we've one of our best players returning to fitness. 

Hard agree. Kamara back is a phenomenal prospect. I know he didn't change the game exactly but I watched Barkley yesterday and took such huge solace in the fact that we can bring on a player like that at that point in a match. Different gravy this season. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

And different options - in that they all offer something a little different.  It means that Unai can adjust to different teams / different match situations and be confident that he's got the tools to do the job that he wants done.  I mean you can pretty much argue that none of our subs yesterday were a "backwards step" and that most left us just as good, and in some cases maybe even a bit better.  It's incredible when you consider some of the benches that we've had to name over the last 10 seasons or so.

• Like 2

Just now, Andy_10 said:

I love him. I wanted him to sign for us when Everton went in for him, so delighted he is at Villa now. 

I saw him only at Everton and thought I hope we sign him. 3 goals this season, equalling a previous season's record. Unai knows exactly how to use this guy. He could finish with 15+

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â