Amadou Onana

wishywashy

On 01/09/2024 at 16:05, Andy_10 said:

😂 No, not at all. Apologies if it came across that way.

It was more commentary on Everton fans & their desire to say that they got the best end of the deal.

I just think that every now & again, it would be nice if fans between clubs just accepted that we all got what we wanted out of a deal & not always trying to point score over on each other. 👍

I am a massive fan of Onana though. I mentioned my thoughts on him earlier in the thread & think he is a more all rounded midfielder to add to the squad after losing Douglas Luiz. Not a direct like for like, but Onana is more rounded within his game (but not quite as creative & silky as Luiz, when Kamara played), so that drop off when players are missing isn't so dramatic as it was last year. He also has that physicality, pace & height that we have been missing in that area.

It's ok I was joking 🙂

I agree either your summary, he's settled in so well and added that physicality we've missed without Kamara.  I can see them starting together when fit, be interesting where Tielemans plays then.

• Like 1

So Onana turned down one of the top top clus to come here because he liked what Emery had planned for his role. I can only assume it was United as they were also linked and needed a 6, getting Ugarte in the end. 

On 04/09/2024 at 06:55, CVByrne said:

So Onana turned down one of the top top clus to come here because he liked what Emery had planned for his role. I can only assume it was United as they were also linked and needed a 6, getting Ugarte in the end. 

It sounds incredible to say but you have to say its the right decision currently. Man U are a shambles and Villa are the exact opposite. Could have ruined his career going there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry but total lack of effort. Maybe he thought he could stroll through the game and show what a baller he was to Dyche.

Got pressed. Looked shook. Then spent the rest of the half not wanting the ball and trying to coach Bogarde through the game strangley when we was playing great and 10 times better than him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm sorry but total lack of effort. Maybe he thought he could stroll through the game and show what a baller he was to Dyche.

Got pressed. Looked shook. Then spent the rest of the half not wanting the ball and trying to coach Bogarde through the game strangley when we was playing great and 10 times better than him.

What? Onana? 

Not a chance. He got caught out for their first goal, a bit of an awkward tackle but not a foul, couldn't really have done much more. A lack of effort? Not a chance.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â