Amadou Onana

wishywashy

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Nope, they are extremely happy with Tim (twice MOTM for them) and saying that he’s playing better than Onana played for them.

Plus they got £50m to keep them alive for a few more months. 

It’s one of those rare deals where both sides are very happy. 

Motm in 3 defeats, admittedly it was highlights but he just let Cook jog past him for Bournemouths 2nd.

There is no comparison.

9 hours ago, beasley14 said:

Motm in 3 defeats, admittedly it was highlights but he just let Cook jog past him for Bournemouths 2nd.

There is no comparison.

I am a big fan of Iroegbunam & think we made a huge mistake swapping him for Dobbin, even for PSR or ehatever its called this week, but thats a separate discussion, however, Iroegbunam has been playing well for a team down at the bottom end of the table both this year & last & Onana has been playing well for a team at the top end of the table both this year & last, so the expectations are different.

And let's be honest, almost every fan of every club wants to see their clubs "get one over" on another club.

I think that we should just be satisfied that everybody is happy from our side that we got Onana, & everybody is happy from Evertons side that they got Iroegbunam & leave it at that.

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Great signing, class player. But I’ll be honest, I don’t like the way he celebrates goals. Give your team mates some credit for setting you up instead of acting like you’re the second coming of Christ.

The Amadou Onana who ran straight up to Austin McPhee when he scored against West Ham? that Amadou Onana?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, ender4 said:

Nope, they are extremely happy with Tim (twice MOTM for them) and saying that he’s playing better than Onana played for them.

Plus they got £50m to keep them alive for a few more months. 

It’s one of those rare deals where both sides are very happy. 

Tim cost them a goal in their collapse yesterday. We’ll see if they’re still happy when they are relegated 😂

4 hours ago, Andy_10 said:

I am a big fan of Iroegbunam & think we made a huge mistake swapping him for Dobbin, even for PSR or ehatever its called this week, but thats a separate discussion, however, Iroegbunam has been playing well for a team down at the bottom end of the table both this year & last & Onana has been playing well for a team at the top end of the table both this year & last, so the expectations are different.

And let's be honest, almost every fan of every club wants to see their clubs "get one over" on another club.

I think that we should just be satisfied that everybody is happy from our side that we got Onana, & everybody is happy from Evertons side that they got Iroegbunam & leave it at that.

Am I being told off 😂

Basically what I'm saying is from a neutrals view there is no comparison between the two players abilities right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

Am I being told off 😂

Basically what I'm saying is from a neutrals view there is no comparison between the two players abilities right now.

Fully agree. You shouldn't be able to be that tall, fast, strong and technical. He has everything and if Everton's manager couldn't get a tune out of him then probably means his time as a competent football manager is about done. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Great signing, class player. But I’ll be honest, I don’t like the way he celebrates goals. Give your team mates some credit for setting you up instead of acting like you’re the second coming of Christ.

It's just a goal celebration mate... Lol

Cameron isn't really an Archer ..

I mean he is technically but. ..

Never mind....

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, beasley14 said:

Am I being told off 😂

😂 No, not at all. Apologies if it came across that way.

It was more commentary on Everton fans & their desire to say that they got the best end of the deal.

I just think that every now & again, it would be nice if fans between clubs just accepted that we all got what we wanted out of a deal & not always trying to point score over on each other. 👍

I am a massive fan of Onana though. I mentioned my thoughts on him earlier in the thread & think he is a more all rounded midfielder to add to the squad after losing Douglas Luiz. Not a direct like for like, but Onana is more rounded within his game (but not quite as creative & silky as Luiz, when Kamara played), so that drop off when players are missing isn't so dramatic as it was last year. He also has that physicality, pace & height that we have been missing in that area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any news on the injury?

He was dancing at the end of the game and playing with the crowd....

so it's an ACL/MCL tear, he's done for the year.

31 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Against some of the top teams, I can’t wait to see:

Bailey Onana Kamara Tielemans

Rogers Watkins 

With McGinn and Ramsey coming on to keep the 90 minute intensity going. 

Not sure I see Tielemans playing on the left again tbh. Seems to be excelling in the middle. Lots of options. Kamara, who I think is brilliant, will have to play very well to get back into this Emery super team. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Not sure I see Tielemans playing on the left again tbh. Seems to be excelling in the middle. Lots of options. Kamara, who I think is brilliant, will have to play very well to get back into this Emery super team. 

I can see him tucking in with Maatsen providing the width. True though, not sure I’d be keen to move Tielemans out of the middle!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â