Amadou Onana

wishywashy

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's not get carried away. As a player, he is still a long, long way from the finished article. He has one of the best manager's around to guide him, but, they'll be games where he isn't at his best. He certainly gives us something, that, as a team , we've been lacking for a while. We still need to be patient has he devolops. 

Party Pooper!!!   but agree we need to not get too carried away as one of his criticisms at Everton was that he had a great game and then a few average ones. Hopefully with better players and a better coach, we'll see more consistency. Definitely feel happier going against Arsenal's set pieces with him defending for us then some of our other vertically challenged midfielders.

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

Read yesterday on an Everton forum that they think they got a better player in Tim Iroegbunam plus £50m!! Had to laugh once Dyche has coached all tlent out of the lad they will soon change their opinion. Amadou had a fantastic debut and offers plenty attacking and defending set pieces as well as looking composed on the ball.

Everton still think the new stadium will bring about a new dawn where they begin to compete for the league/CL. Their fans know **** all. Tim suits where they are currently and the manager they have. Onana suits where we are and our coach. One of the few situations where both teams win in the exchange.

• Like 1

Every team outside of Man City and Arsenal could have used this guy and we just quietly waltzed in and paid less than half a Declan to get him. Amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Every team outside of Man City and Arsenal could have used this guy and we just quietly waltzed in and paid less than half a Declan to get him. Amazing. 

Half a Declan - I like it 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Thing is Arsenal have been tracking him for a good season or so now & wanted him to replace Thomas Partey, but they have been unable to sell him .....  Onana is just 22yrs old it's scary how good this lad will become. Beast of a player 💪

Another one for the Football Cliches podcast. Can a record signing be a 'cult hero', or is that title reserved more for 'cheaper' signings? Either way, I agree with the sentiment, absolutely brilliant debut, and he comes across as an absolute gent off the pitch.

On 19/08/2024 at 13:13, Pongo Waring said:

Can sing/rap ✅

On 19/08/2024 at 12:24, mjmooney said:

One Onana, two Onana, three Onana, four 

One Onana gets a goal, and then gets many more 

Spittin' out lyrics, Mooney I'll wet ya!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice interview with Amadou, on sky sports news now. he really comes across well. Intelligent, articulate, creative, confident, yet humble. 

I believe he’s going to be our captain at some point in his time with Villa

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Nice interview with Amadou, on sky sports news now. he really comes across well. Intelligent, articulate, creative, confident, yet humble. 

I believe he’s going to be our captain at some point in his time with Villa

If we can get two seasons out of him before the inevitable mega move to Real Madrid I’ll be happy, any more than that is a bonus. He’s not learning Spanish for shits and giggles (imo). 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â