Amadou Onana

wishywashy

Apologies if posted already, but I saw this and thought it summed him up.

Onana is a cheat code. A managers dream. 

You can be outclassed tactically, and Onana will get you out of jail time and time again by putting out so many fires. But when you have a tactically astute manager in Emery, and forwards like Watkins and Rogers, then you’re onto a winner. 

He covers ground as if he’s on a 7 a side pitch. And his technical quality on the ball is massively underrated.

Why Man Utd didn’t go for him I have no idea.

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Apologies if posted already, but I saw this and thought it summed him up.

Many years ago I played 7 a side against a very good team, won the league at a canter. They had a player of a very similar profile, fast, tall, good on the ball. He took care of our entire midfield literally on his own. It was massively embarrassing! 

• Haha 1

He makes us a side that nobody is going to look forward to playing against. Great signing, great debut. Very excited to see how things pan out when Kamara is back and we have other options like Buendia fully fit. Think we could really annihilate a few teams this season 

• Like 1

I have to admit, I was a bit sceptical when we forked out what we did for him. 

On that showing today, wow. He's a monster and will only get better. 

He's what a lot of us have been crying out for, for about 10 years. Dominance in the Midfield. 

And that at the end, how to make yourself a Villa hero straight away! 

2 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I have to admit, I was a bit sceptical when we forked out what we did for him. 

On that showing today, wow. He's a monster and will only get better. 

He's what a lot of us have been crying out for, for about 10 years. Dominance in the Midfield. 

And that at the end, how to make yourself a Villa hero straight away! 

Yep… worth every penny! He’s ours and for a long time too! Unai said similar in his pre match interview…

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He makes us a side that nobody is going to look forward to playing against. Great signing, great debut. Very excited to see how things pan out when Kamara is back and we have other options like Buendia fully fit. Think we could really annihilate a few teams this season 

Kamara and Onana in midfield together is steel overload. In a good way.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

We lost so much when we sold Dougie but we gained so much when we bought Onana.  Unai will need to keep him on his toes as I think he has it in him to believe the hype. But he is such a presence. With supreme athleticism and the ability to swerve either way to beat a player. 

That showed today . He has telescopic legs to put tackles in. V quick when he needs to be. Composed in his passing. Great in the air. Put it this way. There is no limit to his potential. Only himself  and complacency.. Got everything in his bag to be a £100 million player  in 2 seasons. And younger than JJ 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Kamara and Onana in midfield together is steel overload. In a good way.

That double pivot is going to be devastating. Make it into the UCL knockout rounds and, win or lose, we are going to stir some shit.

(e: also, ****, I'm gonna get an Onana 24 kit)

Edited by 479Villan
  • Like 1

Absolutely incredible today. He was in the right place at the right time, he made the right decisions, he had some absolutely lovely touches and a goal to top it off. I think that might be one of the best debuts I've ever seen in the flesh. If he can do this more often than not, we've got a gem of a player.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â