Amadou Onana

wishywashy

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

And yet they didn't use him at all like they should have. Just bypassed him with Pickford's long balls. They didn't see what he was fully capable of.

We will now under Emery, and early signs are extremely promising. 

I think it was high on his priority agenda to join a team, with a certain style he was attracted to.....No disrespect to Everton, but they have a different style to us.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, TRO said:

He might not, you know.....His tackling from behind with those big long legs, do get the ball, quite often....some of those challenges are slick, and force the ball in to our other players.

Tackling is an art....some players have it some don't.

It's the ones that don't, have the skill set, that get the yellows in the main.

Robust challenges fairly executed are not to be confused with reckless, ill timed fouls......hopefully the officials can tell the difference.

Absolutely agree, and to be honest I think we’ve missed having a big lad that other teams are scared to go near, and I can’t wait for him to get stuck in (the villa park crowd always love that). My comment was really based on preseason which I know is a poor indicator, but some of those challenges he was cracking in would’ve been a yellow in the PL (rightly or wrongly) but yeah, that was preseason so may not pan out to how things work in reality. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he’s going to get a fair few yellow cards, I’m fine with that though, we might just have to get used to him being suspended every 6-7 games

Just to be clear you think he’s going to go from 1 yellow card every 4-5 games in his PL career so far to 5 yellow cards every 6-7 games? Is that because you think we will be doing a lot more desperate defending than Everton or is there another reason in style of play you think they’ll become so much more frequent?

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Absolutely agree, and to be honest I think we’ve missed having a big lad that other teams are scared to go near, and I can’t wait for him to get stuck in (the villa park crowd always love that). My comment was really based on preseason which I know is a poor indicator, but some of those challenges he was cracking in would’ve been a yellow in the PL (rightly or wrongly) but yeah, that was preseason so may not pan out to how things work in reality. 

In my long experience of the Villa Crowd.....They love that kind of player.

The other thing to mention, it raises the fever of the crowd too...which is so important.

I also feel, when we have a player, who wants to get stuck in and challenge, it inspires ,not only the crowd as mentioned, but by his other colleagues too.

Assertion, is contagious, and it rallies the enthusiasm of the rest, which in turn raises the tempo....I am looking forward to some rousing games, with some fire in our bellies.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Just to be clear you think he’s going to go from 1 yellow card every 4-5 games in his PL career so far to 5 yellow cards every 6-7 games? Is that because you think we will be doing a lot more desperate defending than Everton or is there another reason in style of play you think they’ll become so much more frequent?

Just going by his challenges in preseason, seems to play with ‘gusto’. Glad he didn’t get many for Everton that should bode well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Wow, what a talented young man! 🫡 

Such an impressive individual. Just see him going from  strength to strength with us, find it remarkable how young he is too. Unai will evolve him.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Such an impressive individual. Just see him going from  strength to strength with us, find it remarkable how young he is too. Unai will evolve him.

Maybe Amadou Ba Zeund Georges Mvom can have a word with JJD

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Already planning his move to Real or Barca 😉😛

lol was thinking the same. £125 million as is but we want £150 million if he's fluent in Spanish.  

I've clearly got PTSD.

When I saw his name at the top of the forum I immediately thought he'd done his ACL. 

Thank McGrath we've survived pre-season, (so far).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I've clearly got PTSD.

When I saw his name at the top of the forum I immediately thought he'd done his ACL. 

Thank McGrath we've survived pre-season, (so far).

This was the day Emi went down last season. Last 15 minutes of training on the day before the first day of the season! Fingers crossed!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â