Amadou Onana

wishywashy

So excited that we got him. Best signing we've made so far. He just looks immense in the middle. We've missed a bit of physicality in the middle. Hopefully we can get some CBs in to help the team out defensively 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The opinion of players who only watch the Premier league and form an opinion based solely on the games they watch involving the scum 6.

The Onana playing for Everton was misused and bypassed by Dyche-ball. Got a better view of what he's capable of in the Euros. I couldn't care less about Carragher's opinion on anything 

Agreed  -  Both were good players in their day but their playing ability doesn't diminish the fact that both were and are thick as pig **** so respectfully, they can take their opinions and **** off.

On 24/07/2024 at 12:43, Vive_La_Villa said:

Any idea who this is and what this gif is from? Asking for a friend. 

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

don't worry, your not on your own.

• Haha 1

I have picked up on Paul Scholes's doubt about Amadou, and us over paying, for him.....If we didn't do the deal , many other clubs may well have done.

He is not the finished article, and he is about to learn from the Maestro.....watch his game grow.

I have every respect for Paul as a player, but he has never been a manager, to my mind....so his opinion, is not conclusive to me.

Many, many players are not very good scouts either....they do what they do best....play.

I think our team, was crying out for a Onana.....but he is not a Douglas Luiz, and anyone who thinks he is a direct replacement, will be disappointed.

Other players, will fill the skill gap, That Dougie vacated, and we will very likely play different this coming season.

Despite having an unprecedented table finish, we all know, certain things were missing....Unai is addressing those things.

We also need to recognise, with respect, Dougie could not do what Amadou will do....Hence Unai's actions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He's far better on the ball than people give him credit for.

wins it and gets rid quick, I like it 

• Like 2

I see him adding to our strength, more than our guile.....but I am not underestimating his ability on the ball,either,  he is competent, willing and assertive.

When we travel on the road, we need strength, when we want to contain a game in a hostile stadium, we need strength.....when the going gets a bit tough, we need strength.....when we have stormed in to a lead and an need to hold on, we need strength.

This boy, gives us a bit of that.....No one player, transforms a team,  but they do give us reinforcing profile.

The 2 players gone, as good as they were, in many ways, were a bit light in physicality and presence....that's is not to gaslight them, just being practical....

This boy, will address those issues.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I see him adding to our strength, more than our guile.....but I am not underestimating his ability on the ball,either,  he is competent, willing and assertive.

When we travel on the road, we need strength, when we want to contain a game in a hostile stadium, we need strength.....when the going gets a bit tough, we need strength.....when we have stormed in to a lead and an need to hold on, we need strength.

This boy, gives us a bit of that.....No one player, transforms a team,  but they do give us reinforcing profile.

The 2 players gone, as good as they were, in many ways, were a bit light in physicality and presence....that's is not to gaslight them, just being practical....

This boy, will address those issues.

As much as I loved both Luiz and Diaby, I think we are currently stronger as an enlarged and energised first team squad. 50 odd matches this season and we already have exciting strength in depth. 

We may well put the icing on the cake with a key signing or two, but even if we don't I feel very optimistic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

As much as I loved both Luiz and Diaby, I think we are currently stronger as an enlarged and energised first team squad. 50 odd matches this season and we already have exciting strength in depth. 

We may well put the icing on the cake with a key signing or two, but even if we don't I feel very optimistic.

I do too...and I feel excited to see some of these young players grow.

already some journo's are using pre season games to highlight how we may regret, losing Diaby after he scored a couple against Milan.

A season is arduous and demanding, and despite some fine moments of play from him, I have not forgotten the anonymous moments too....many times I saw him physically negated and struggle to engage his undoubted Talent.....maybe a less demanding Saudi league will be more fitting for him.

I am not going to Poo Poo his work for us, as it was delightful at times....but I am equally well aware of this leagues, demanding nature, that has some of the best, creative players, looking a bit incognito, at times.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I don't feel like we are yet, but we 100% will be when the window shuts

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I have picked up on Paul Scholes's doubt about Amadou, and us over paying, for him.....If we didn't do the deal , many other clubs may well have done.

He is not the finished article, and he is about to learn from the Maestro.....watch his game grow.

I have every respect for Paul as a player, but he has never been a manager, to my mind....so his opinion, is not conclusive to me.

Many, many players are not very good scouts either....they do what they do best....play.

I think our team, was crying out for a Onana.....but he is not a Douglas Luiz, and anyone who thinks he is a direct replacement, will be disappointed.

Other players, will fill the skill gap, That Dougie vacated, and we will very likely play different this coming season.

Despite having an unprecedented table finish, we all know, certain things were missing....Unai is addressing those things.

We also need to recognise, with respect, Dougie could not do what Amadou will do....Hence Unai's actions.

Would he be saying the same if he went to United, who apparently tried to hijack the deal? No, he would have said it was a great signing etc etc. Ex players like Scholes live in a bubble, rarely get anything right as pundits and like last season are dismissive of Villa and Emery.

• Like 4

I think he has so much, to his game and at his young age, it’s frightening.

what we paid, will become a snip, in the fullness of time….He’ll be another Rodri.

fair play to Everton, for seeing it so early in his career.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think he has so much, to his game and at his young age, it’s frightening.

what we paid, will become a snip, in the fullness of time….He’ll be another Rodri.

fair play to Everton, for seeing it so early in his career.

And yet they didn't use him at all like they should have. Just bypassed him with Pickford's long balls. They didn't see what he was fully capable of.

We will now under Emery, and early signs are extremely promising. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he’s going to get a fair few yellow cards, I’m fine with that though, we might just have to get used to him being suspended every 6-7 games

He might not, you know.....His tackling from behind with those big long legs, do get the ball, quite often....some of those challenges are slick, and force the ball in to our other players.

Tackling is an art....some players have it some don't.

It's the ones that don't, have the skill set, that get the yellows in the main.

Robust challenges fairly executed are not to be confused with reckless, ill timed fouls......hopefully the officials can tell the difference.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â