Amadou Onana

wishywashy

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

Perhaps what Everton fans perceived as throwing his arms about in a paddy is actually him trying to orchestrate and dictate where players could/should be.

I didn't see most of the 2nd half but looked good what I did see, including that early pass to Philogene that was class.

Dyche's Everton don't care about dominating the ball or playing through the middle of the pitch so you're losing a lot of Onana's ability on the ball in a system like that. It was encouraging to see him pinging the ball about and being the fulcrum in possession. 

• Like 2

The fact that Dyche had him on the bench was thing that convinced me he was bound for greatness.  Similar to on our way to relegation we couldn't find a spot for Albrighton. Bad teams have a horrible time getting the best from upcoming talents. He is going to be an amazing signing for us. 

The one issue is he is definitely not a creative type.  A Kamara and Onana double pivot may be too negative for anything other than the most elite attacking sides. 

• Like 1

I haven't seen him play yet, but I've finally got around to watching the interviews and hearing him talk. He is clearly a highly intelligent and down to Earth person. This alone tells me his potential is off the charts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Dyche's Everton don't care about dominating the ball or playing through the middle of the pitch so you're losing a lot of Onana's ability on the ball in a system like that. It was encouraging to see him pinging the ball about and being the fulcrum in possession. 

He was doing a lot of the in possession stuff with Belgium so clearly has the capability and with coaching in our system that will be improved.

He's so big and crazy long limbs he can shield the ball so we'll in taking passes under pressure because of his physical attributes. 

I'd expect to see him added late box crashing into his game too. He can score with later runs from crosses 

seeing such a big, honking tank of a man in central midfield for us is almost orgasmic.

Can pick a pass too, and when he starts running he's a bit like Marvel's Juggernaut.

• Like 2

Thought he was very impressive last night. Can't wait to see more. 

Loved that bit where he lost the ball then won it back with those massive legs. 

Regarding the song. We are Aston Villa.  I know it, you know it, we all know it.  It's going to be

Onana, whoa ho.

Onana, whoa whoa whoa ho. 

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Onana and Kamara gonna be one special double pivot.

Watch Onana blow his knee out on debut so we never see it 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â