Amadou Onana

wishywashy

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d actually love to know how Emery/Monchi pitch the project to players like Onana. 

I wonder what the difference maker is, because the Radcliffe era of Man United is an interesting project too

We have inarguably the second best manager in the league, a top 10 manager in the world even. We have the potential to be heading into one of our greatest ever eras both on and off the pitch. Our commercial profile is increasing and we are gaining fans overseas at such a high rate. If I was a young and ambitious footballer, bias aside, all I would need is a five minute phone call with Monchi or Emery to know that Villa Park is the place to be.

So glad that Villa are back in a matter of weeks, always helps me out with my mental health when I've got matches to look forward to.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

Its basically. Here's a sack of money. Welcome to the club. We know you'd rather be here than Man Utd because they're a ponce's drink.

I like him already, pidderly little umbrellas are not for a real drink 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

His English is ridiculous. My life's goal is now to speak another language that well.

I'm from Chelmsley Wood. I can just about speak English!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I like him already, pidderly little umbrellas are not for a real drink 

The real reason he rejected Manure:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I remember seeing a clip of his performance against France in the Euros and I thought it was really good and showcased what he’ll bring to the team in that defensive midfield role. 

May have already been posted in here, but worth a watch if not. 

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I remember seeing a clip of his performance against France in the Euros and I thought it was really good and showcased what he’ll bring to the team in that defensive midfield role. 

May have already been posted in here, but worth a watch if not. 

I have officially never seen a more boring video. Jesus. It makes me think I could be a pro if all it takes is passing it backwards 2 metres. 

That's no slight on Onana but on the boring video! 

Getting more and more enthused about this signing, could be a real game changer for us - especially by developing and learning under Unai.

Think he’s going to be particularly impressive in the “big games”.

30 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Getting more and more enthused about this signing, could be a real game changer for us - especially by developing and learning under Unai.

Think he’s going to be particularly impressive in the “big games”.

We wouldn’t have lost to Man U last year if we had a guy like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 25/07/2024 at 10:36, HeroesAndVillans said:

We have inarguably the second best manager in the league, a top 10 manager in the world even. We have the potential to be heading into one of our greatest ever eras both on and off the pitch. Our commercial profile is increasing and we are gaining fans overseas at such a high rate. If I was a young and ambitious footballer, bias aside, all I would need is a five minute phone call with Monchi or Emery to know that Villa Park is the place to be.

So glad that Villa are back in a matter of weeks, always helps me out with my mental health when I've got matches to look forward to.

I will argue with it! We have the best manager in the league not the second best...

• Thanks 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

We wouldn’t have lost to Man U last year if we had a guy like this.

I can’t disagree… no more getting overpowered in midfield either. I think Barrenechea and Barkley will help in that sense too. Should be less vulnerable at set pieces too (although, it would be good to get a CB in who can further help with that as well as be good with his feet).

There’s seemingly going to be more onus on the forwards to create, especially whoever plays at 10, behind/supporting Ollie, while the midfield becomes much more rock solid and hard to get past or deal with. Defence will be better protected.

Really do feel this boy is gonna shine and make us much tougher to beat. Can’t believe how young he is too.

Perhaps what Everton fans perceived as throwing his arms about in a paddy is actually him trying to orchestrate and dictate where players could/should be.

I didn't see most of the 2nd half but looked good what I did see, including that early pass to Philogene that was class.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â