Amadou Onana

wishywashy

Oh we love you already Amadou!!

Asked why he snubbed United for Villa, Onana told La Derniere Heure: "I think that's where I should be [Villa]. And for me, Aston Villa is part of the top of English football. The ranking speaks for itself and is significant. The general public may think that it is not the most glamorous club but it was the best choice for the player I am today.

"The question does not arise because Aston Villa is a top club. I went where I felt the right ambition and the best project to make me grow."

Onana added: "I'm just extremely happy to be here. I was able to feel the atmosphere at the club a little, meet the various employees of Aston Villa. The vibe is good, the mood is good, I'm ready to get to work.

"They come out of an excellent season with a fourth place. And you add to that the fact that the environment seemed to me the most conducive to my development and that I will be able to work with Unai Emery, one of the most qualified coaches in the field. I can learn a lot of things by his side and reach the next level.

"I have always been very in tune with this objective of constant improvement. It was the perfect step. Everything has been calculated and analysed, I am where I was supposed to be.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Oh we love you already Amadou!!

I’d actually love to know how Emery/Monchi pitch the project to players like Onana. 

I wonder what the difference maker is, because the Radcliffe era of Man United is an interesting project too

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’d actually love to know how Emery/Monchi pitch the project to players like Onana. 

I wonder what the difference maker is, because the Radcliffe era of Man United is an interesting project too

I imagine it goes something like this:

spacer.png

• Like 2

Just now, JPAngel said:

The United project is only interesting in the way a house fire is interesting. Pure morbid curiosity.

Maybe in its current state yes. But, there does seem like a new direction for man United. More promising youngsters and less DOBs. Shifting a bit of deadwood out too. 

the house fire is getting put out. I think they’ll do alright next season. Don’t think top 4, but improved and with a sense of hope. Sort of like spurs last season 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Maybe in its current state yes. But, there does seem like a new direction for man United. More promising youngsters and less DOBs. Shifting a bit of deadwood out too. 

the house fire is getting put out. I think they’ll do alright next season. Don’t think top 4, but improved and with a sense of hope. Sort of like spurs last season 

They need to fix the roof and leaks before they start worrying about any fires… or is that what’s putting it out? 😆

Anyway, less of Manure and back on topic…

I think Onana is gonna be amazing with Unai showing him the way!!!!

What a signing!

The lad is speaking so much sense too 😉 

Edited by Jas10

Smart lad. He'll be a star with us. 

And I stand by my previous prediction that he's future captain material. 

• Like 3

Right then, what public says we're not the most glamorous club. More bloody glamorous than Manky land I tell ya. 

Get ya arse down Dudley, you'll see how bloody glamorous Villa are

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Smart lad. He'll be a star with us. 

And I stand by my previous prediction that he's future captain material. 

I feel the same, he’s got captain vibes all about him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

great to hear that players want to improve and develop under Unai.

This is exactly why players like Duran are so frustrating. The kid doesn’t realise what he’s got at Villa under Unai as he’s too busy thinking he’s knows it all already. 

The difference a well respected Manager can make!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I feel the same, he’s got captain vibes all about him 

I've been like a broken record with this 

However, I'm so impressed by how well spoken he is and how level headed he seems, especially at his young age!

And for such a physical " monster ".

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The difference a well respected Manager can make!

But Duran has that and still cannot listen and learn… still, he’ll make a shit ton of cash despite never reaching his potential so I doubt he cares really. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've been like a broken record with this 

However, I'm so impressed by how well spoken he is and how level headed he seems, especially at his young age!

And for such a physical " monster ".

I’d love a coffee chat with him and Tyrone. 

both smart, creative and articulate guys. I’d think I’d come out of it a lot smarter and more inspired. 

• Like 1

If I was a 6 ft 5, big, strong athletic , handsome 22 year old multimillionaire footballer my wife would be a very happy woman. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Christ man if I was a 6 ft 5, big, strong athletic , handsome 22 year old multimillionaire footballer I'd be the biggest clearing in the woods 😂

You don’t need to be any of that, you are already are

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91a45oecnlicdzia3lja

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â