Amadou Onana

wishywashy

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Pfft, I don't put much stock in Sunday Oliseh. What does Taribo West make of it, that's what I wanna know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Pfft, I don't put much stock in Sunday Oliseh. What does Taribo West make of it, that's what I wanna know.

😂

Babayaro?

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fred - Solihull

On Facebook has told me he's shite and he's not been impressed when he's seen him though.

You need new friends.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, wsag said:

here is my straight from the shoulder Everton assessment.

He's top class, one of those players that knows how much weight to put on the pass, how rare is that.  He also cos of his physical attributes, finds the game relatively easy.  So good tackler,  very good passer, excellent in the air.  And only 22.  I was however worried we weren't going to be able to sell him this summer, and that we'd have another mercenary running down their contract. that's how much a knife edge his career is on.  He is by no means the finished product.  Just doesn't impose himself enough ( a disadvantage in a  central midfielder I'm sure we'll all agree). but, Emery rates him. So in view of the quality of the manager you would have to bet that he fancies himself to draw out the considerable talent he has, better than we managed. 

I do agree, not to impose yourself, is not a good trait, for any defensive position….but his stats suggest otherwise.

many think Douglas Luiz, is a great player, but he didn’t impose himself so much either,  that’s just my view….but it depends what folk major on when appraising talent.

We had to fight off a few big teams, according to reports, so I suspect many clubs rate him, highly, and at 22 his ceiling could be high.

I agree also that Unai will improve his game, as he has done with Morgan Rogers, who also attracted doubters, initially.

He sounds like a switched on savvy boy, and he is well aware of his opportunity to improve under Unai and his back room teams undoubted talent.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

ME

The Inbetweeners | GIFGlobe

JAS - feeling awkward on VT..

Inbetweeners - Football Friend on Make a GIF

Hey, I consider fellow Villa (not Everton) fans friends…

can’t say it always goes the other way though 😂

• Haha 1

I'm obsessed with the fact we keep signing players who quote someone who isn't a guaranteed starter speaking the club up to them. Tielemans with Onana, Digne with Diaby. It's a huge testament to the squad that has been built and the personalities in it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm obsessed with the fact we keep signing players who quote someone who isn't a guaranteed starter speaking the club up to them. Tielemans with Onana, Digne with Diaby. It's a huge testament to the squad that has been built and the personalities in it.

Yeah.

Seems to be a very good environment and tight knit " family ' unit being built.

I remember Leon emphasising how important Unai makes EVERYONE feel, starting or not.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

4 hours ago, TRO said:

I do agree, not to impose yourself, is not a good trait, for any defensive position….but his stats suggest otherwise.

I suspect this means (as several Everton fans have said it to me) he hasn’t stepped up to dominate games in the way they have expected (Keane or Vieira style). My hope is that that’s something he develops now he’s 22 and maturing in the game, and that the potential to do so is part of why we have gone for him. 

Everton had the 4 th best defensive record last season.Considering their league position that is impressive(even with points deducted)

I know they had Braithwaite,Tarkowski and Pickford but I am hoping some of it is due to Onana.

I certainly think offensively and defensively we are lacking height and he certainly ticks that box.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â