Amadou Onana

wishywashy

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

Onana is a good player. Not worth the price, but he is good (and young). But he is a defensive midfielder and you have already Kamara and Enzo. You needed a more creative midfielder than Onana. 

You can now play youri more forward and be that creative player that he is

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

Onana is a good player. Not worth the price, but he is good (and young). But he is a defensive midfielder and you have already Kamara and Enzo. You needed a more creative midfielder than Onana. 

Every take is just horrible, every single one

Just now, CVByrne said:

I'm getting a hard on for the aerial duel win % of all the players we're signing 

The team have definitely identified ariel duels as a weakness, haven't they? Defending set pieces is going to be a lot less scary and attacking set pieces are about to get a lot more exciting.

5 minutes ago, jigen said:

5 minutes ago, jigen said:

Bit of a surprise (hoping it’s a lower initial fee and goes up to 50 after add ons) but he solves a lot of problems/deficiencies for us.

He’s still so young and gets to learn from the master, Unai will be sure he can turn him into a top, top player.

Whatever Unai wants, Unai gets!

I’m guessing we solidify midfield, have a strong annd physical base, that gives the wingers and CAMs more licence to create and attack.

6 minutes ago, jigen said:

Take him over Gallagher and he would add some much needed height to our team. 50m seems a lot compared to the Dougie fee but he's only 22 and I don't think he's a Luiz replacement. 

The problem we had with Kamara out was the midfield being too weak and having to limit what Luiz could do for us because of it. McGinn/Tielemans combo was weak but with Onana there it gives a bit more freedom and security for someone like Tielemans to sit next to him and do what Luiz did.

Not sure how you make Kamara/Onana work without killing a bit of creativity from the midfield but we need depth and who knows how far away Kamara is.

4 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Cherry picking some stats from FBREF for this past season:

image.png.d066520b5199b672edec178251a86b0e.png

image.png.c06abdeed7d9657eca5b88ed9e908c0e.png

Playing no possession Dyche-ball mostly in his own half he'd have had lots of time to work on his off the ball skills.

10 minutes ago, astondalston said:

I was dead keen for us to sign him this summer...

....and then I watched his performances for Belgium in the Euros...  

I thought he had a really solid game v France

Also this Euros would put you off signing the likes of Mbappe, Foden 😅

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

I think he made his Prem League debut against us and I remember being impressed with him for his age 

gives us some bite for when we have to win dirty 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â