Amadou Onana

wishywashy

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have seen Everton a few times, not forensically, but could tell Onana was a talent.

at 22 consistency is something to strive for, so maybe he had a form dip.

I think huge talent can be spotted in a struggling team…..Barkley was exactly that.

Don’t forget we had a hard time against Everton at Villa park in the cup.

I think the fee we have paid, comes back to supply and demand, and there was enough competitors to us, willing to pay it.

We can’t mug every player.

I agree whenever I have seen him play for Everton I always thought he looked really good and I couldn’t understand how he wasn’t starting every game but I guess Sean dyche is the answer to that. Then we he played for Belgium I thought he looked really impressive so I think overall this is an amazing signing, yes he might not be as good as dougie on the ball for example but he has over key qualities that we have been missing which I think is why unai wants him

35 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I agree whenever I have seen him play for Everton I always thought he looked really good and I couldn’t understand how he wasn’t starting every game but I guess Sean dyche is the answer to that. Then we he played for Belgium I thought he looked really impressive so I think overall this is an amazing signing, yes he might not be as good as dougie on the ball for example but he has over key qualities that we have been missing which I think is why unai wants him

We have to factor in, in terms of attributes, Everton and Villa are quite different.

Villa have more guile, Everton have more physicality…..maybe Onana was left out, because they was looking for more attacking threat, and they thought they could cover his skill set….I am just guessing here.

When so many high ranking clubs with ambition, are doing their best to get him, some of the comments, don’t quite stack up.

we can’t be sure, why Everton didn’t play him enough…..but balance is a major factor in a team and that could have been a factor.

I am comfortable in thoughts of what I have seen of him, what our team needs, and some of his stats, are very impressive.

I will be shocked, if he doesn’t make a huge impact on the balance of our team.

just looking forward to him integrating in to our team, falling in love with Avfc and becoming a legend…..not expecting much eh!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have to factor in, in terms of attributes, Everton and Villa are quite different.

Villa have more guile, Everton have more physicality…..maybe Onana was left out, because they was looking for more attacking threat, and they thought they could cover his skill set….I am just guessing here.

When so many high ranking clubs with ambition, are doing their best to get him, some of the comments, don’t quite stack up.

we can’t be sure, why Everton didn’t play him enough…..but balance is a major factor in a team and that could have been a factor.

I am comfortable in thoughts of what I have seen of him, what our team needs, and some of his stats, are very impressive.

I will be shocked, if he doesn’t make a huge impact on the balance of our team.

just looking forward to him integrating in to our team, falling in love with Avfc and becoming a legend…..not expecting much eh!

I’m excited by this signing. But Everton fans don’t rate him at all called him languid and lazy . 

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I’m excited by this signing. But Everton fans don’t rate him at all called him languid and lazy . 

It's a good thing I'm confident that Unai Emery, his Scouting and Analytics team, and Monchi... Know more than " Everton fans ".

I mean Bentacur was absolute shite before we never signed him as well 😂

Edit... If it helps... Our own resident Evertonian @striker ( Andy Gray/Son ) thinks he's a good signing. 👀

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's a good thing I'm confident that Unai Emery, his Scouting and Analytics team, and Monchi... Know more than Everton fans.

Yup fans are very Unreliable at scouting often ignore the little thing players do well in a poor team always the players fault not circumstances and coaching.

• Like 2

Why do people get so obsessed over other fans views on a player? I bet the view is the same of here when we sell a player and call him shite, get rid etc that you always hear.

The management want Onana, they see talent to improve. No offence but who has a better coaching staff to improve a player, Emery or Dyche?

Edited by Hank Scorpio

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Leicester fans thought Youri was lazy too but he's been anything but lazy since signing here.

Sometimes a player needs a certain type of manager to give them clear instruction and play to their strengths. I'm sure Unai will do that for Onana.

Fans also talk down their players once they realise they are definitely leaving. The Luiz thread on here is another example. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Why do people get so obsessed over other fans views on a player? I bet the view is the same of here when we sell a player and call him shite, get rid etc that you always hear. 

When we say it we are right though, like that Brazilian fella we sold to Juventus, he was always shit for us.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The management want Onana, they see talent to improve. No offence buy who has a better coaching staff to improve a player, Emery or Dyche?

Yes I take no notice. There's many on here who are happy to get rid of Diaby. People see things differently.

• Like 1

I find Everton fans similar to Bluenoses in that they're happy if somebody runs around a lot, even if its without thought or purpose.

"Put a f***ing graft in!"

If we're spending this much on him, we've gone to all the effort to make sure he fits our system.
I'm not naive enough to think everything Monchi and Emery do is guaranteed to succeed. But, hey, I like the odds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The management want Onana, they see talent to improve. No offence buy who has a better coaching staff to improve a player, Emery or Dyche?

Tbh Everton fans had a poor opinion of him prior to the sale. Like said I’m excited to have him here and I agree fans can’t spot potential because they are blinded by the need to complain , Morgan Rogers and Jacob Ramsey are living proof of this only a few of us here were believers in them from the start 😉yes I’m being smug.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I wouldnt be surprised if he got announced with the shirt reveal to tomorrow (wearing it)

Was thinking the same thing.

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Fans also talk down their players once they realise they are definitely leaving. The Luiz thread on here is another example. 

That does happen. But so does fans exaggerating the importance of a player. Both were true of Luiz.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's a good thing I'm confident that Unai Emery, his Scouting and Analytics team, and Monchi... Know more than " Everton fans ".

Edit... If it helps... Our own resident Evertonian @striker ( Andy Gray/Son ) thinks he's a good signing. 👀

I can understand why some of the Everton fans think that. He was a classy player in a team full of hod carriers which made that languid style stand out. However, at the Villa he will have far more talented players around him and will benefit from that.

If you remember the Brazilian midfielder Socrates. That style with more physicality.

Very good signing by the Villa.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Was thinking the same thing.

More likely him today and the kit tomorrow, I reckon. Drives more engagement having two big and separate events rather than rolling them into one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Maybe he got tired of carrying them…who knows.

they said Morgan Rogers was nothing special either…..Tielemans was deemed washed up too.

Only we, can judge, when he plays for us.

The burning question is:

Do you judge them playing for other teams, where it’s possible they are just assembled as individuals, or are they judged in a team environment, with a master blender.

A diversity of attributes,invariably eeks out the best in each other….and that’s what I expect to see with our new recruits….we had too many players with similar minerals, and tasks went absent.

I am still puzzled by the split opinions of what makes us stronger, but of course it’s opinions and one is no clearer than another, until we see them play in a competitive environment.

I still think Onana is being judged on a skill set, that’s not applicable to him….and yet there has been a clammer to sign him. I also think all the top clubs are clear in their view to have a player of Onana’s type.

just like it took the fan base some time to appreciate ,playing out from the back, it will take some fans time to appreciate a player with the attributes of Onana, who we as a club have been missing for such a long time.

We have to trust the manager, and the process…..our staff are Elite.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I am probably being very stupid here but who is this referring to?

image.jpeg.eb8544bcf6aa2578d910b5f56f45e95b.jpegimage.jpeg.c54e6817d704550a70721c2e2992a3ac.jpeg

Edited by FLVillan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

I don't see how a player that puts up some of the best numbers in Europe for things like tackling, ball recoveries, aerial duels etc can be described as lazy given that they're actions that by their very nature are competitive and require effort. I think ironically enough it's often a lazy criticism when players are described that way. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â