Amadou Onana

wishywashy

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Tweet 14/20 from Fab complete. 

Just waiting for the one with medical complete and gentle reminder that I’m the only person who knows that he’s signing the contract on Monday, the one where he says he’s arrived at BMH to sign the contract, the one where he’s signed the contract, the one where he says the contract length and some spurious terms of the deal, the one where he confirms that the club beat off late interest from Man Utd to sign Onana and the draw of Emery and a summary tweet about our business so far this window. 

It’s annoying, but people do want these 15445444436776566 updates. Or you hear complaints like “this has gone quiet”

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s annoying, but people do want these 15445444436776566 updates. Or you hear complaints like “this has gone quiet”

Yeah it’s a damning indictment of our internet based thirst for instant info. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m happy that we getting him, yet it’s that price. It’s an absolute stinker. We’ve been taken to the cleaners. 

I can no longer brag that our midfield cost us less than a pack of cigarettes 

gutted

Everton signed him for 33 million.

He is now Premier League " proven ".

Buying from a Premier League team, and for his age etc, the price could actually be a " bargain " or about right.

It's not like a Brighton 7 million to 80 million type. Lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m happy that we getting him, yet it’s that price. It’s an absolute stinker. We’ve been taken to the cleaners. 

gutted

Just average it out instead, if we have 5 central midfielders thats costings 1m each, and 1 thats 50m, you can just say the average cost per midfielder is 9.2m each, still sounds good.......

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

gutted

He’ll probably be off in two seasons for £100m+.

Unai will turn him from great potential into a beast. 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Buying from a Premier League team, and for his age etc, the price could actually be a " bargain " or about right.

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Just average it out instead, if we have 5 central midfielders thats costings 1m each, and 1 thats 50m, you can just say the average cost per midfielder is 9.2m each, still sounds good.......

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

You do know I was joking, right?

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91ww25lgv3fma4u57u6g

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

That's fine with me! But if he stays it probably means we are competing for silverware and he feels he can't achieve what he wants to here.

30 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I know you’re joking but I will miss how comically cheap it was for that quality!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yep, I feel part of the 'it's a hell of a lot of money' talk is because it's us buying him. If it were a big six club I don't think people would be batting an eyelid at the price. He's also a 22 year old regular starter for a national team ranked 6th in the world. I think we'll see that Onana's true transfer value has actually been supressed quite a bit by having to play a role for Dyche's Everton that didn't effectively use Onana's skills or showcase his full potential.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk
  • Like 3

Just now, oishiiniku_uk said:

Yep, I feel part of the 'it's a hell of a lot of money' talk is because it's us buying him. If it were a big six club I don't think people would be batting an eyelid at the price. Also, Everton have to pay 20% of the profit to Lille, so that's going to add a few extra mil to the price also. He's also a 22 year old regular starter for a national team ranked 6th in the world. I think we'll see that Onana's true transfer value has actually been supressed quite a bit by having to play a role for Dyche's Everton that didn't effectively use Onana's skills or showcase his full potential.

For sure, never ever underestimate the devastating impact that having Sean Dyche as your manager can have on your value or how you’re viewed by the majority of fans. 

The kids class and Unai will show the world that. 

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let's all continue to pretend to not now realise that @CarryOnVilla was jesting and slag him off for his ignorance...

Go support the scum down the road if you don't even know the value of players in modern football 🙄

Buuuuuuuuttttttttt we don’t spend more than £15m for midfielders. We getting ripped offf

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â