Amadou Onana

wishywashy

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's not signed mate, his name's not Jaden, it's Amadou. 

Nahhh it’s pretty much done. Might as well greet him now. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Nahhh it’s pretty much done. Might as well greet him now. 

It's not done until he's sitting with Monchi for a pic.

I remember United thought they had signed John Ob-Mikel, and he backed out last minute and signed for Chelsea. 

What a bloody exciting period after the season ending!! Just hasn’t stopped and we’re at pre season games already, no time to breathe.

i honestly believe we’re a Todibo, Felix and Kayode signing away from giving the top a real shake. If we’re able to sell Diaby, Durán and Moreno then that’s a real possibility too. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hope onana is that misising piece that turns villa into the team that consistently beats manure

I think he will help us give them a solid game.....all too often we have stood off, and let them play and in such circumstances, they can hurt teams.

You have to "go after" Utd, to have a chance of winning, and on so many occasions, we haven't done that for large parts of the game.

We are now signing players, who are equipped to stop players playing....so they will find us harder to play against.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Even with Luiz gone and Diaby going, we are stronger as a team now than last season 

I'm not sure about that. We might have potentially more strength in depth, but a lot of raw young talent who might not adapt well to the Premier League and some may not be good enough in their first season for us.   We are definitely taking risks that we have so many new faces. 

We also don't know whether Buendia, Mings and Ramsey are back and whether they are actually going to be better than Lenglet and Zaniolo. 

Lots of risk that we are weaker than last season, though of course lots of potential that we are better as well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think he will help us give them a solid game.....all too often we have stood off, and let them play and in such circumstances, they can hurt teams.

You have to "go after" Utd, to have a chance of winning, and on so many occasions, we haven't done that for large parts of the game.

We are now signing players, who are equipped to stop players playing....so they will find us harder to play against.

Not just Man U we've suffered against either.

There have been a couple of games where, it's scrappy, and we simply get outmuscled and out fought.

Teams we are " better than " on paper as well.

We need a few strong characters who grab the game by the horns and fight fire with fire till we turn back the momentum and can play our game 

When we are at our best, with our strongest squad ( even last season ) we can be so good that not even physicality can beat us.

However we won't always at our best, and all opposition is different, so we need the muscle to take us over the line.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

That and the spurs home game it just did not make any sense why we did that in those three games. We all knew what was gonna happen. Funny thing is those two games are our final two gamss

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

Even with Luiz gone and Diaby going, we are stronger as a team now than last season 

People could argue about that, but only because of Kamara. If we compared our team with second part of last season we’re definitely better now. Squad wise we’re even better than the beginning of last season. 
Kamara is still here so there is still a room to improve our 1st eleven during the season as well. 
Really excited to see what can happen, the physicality of our team will change. 
Most of our new signings will add that, even corners and set pieces will be looked at differently.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

I'm not sure about that. We might have potentially more strength in depth, but a lot of raw young talent who might not adapt well to the Premier League and some may not be good enough in their first season for us.   We are definitely taking risks that we have so many new faces. 

We also don't know whether Buendia, Mings and Ramsey are back and whether they are actually going to be better than Lenglet and Zaniolo. 

Lots of risk that we are weaker than last season, though of course lots of potential that we are better as well. 

Once onana is over the line we have balanced the sale of Luiz out with a different type of midfield player but once we sell Diaby we are weaker unless we buy someone of equal ability not  just potential so I agree with your caution. 

4 hours ago, thunderball said:

We've added Onana, Barkley and Barrenechea and lost Luiz, Dendonker and Iroegbunam. That is a better trio than we had, CM has been improved.

Add to that the forward and wide mid options added means Tielemans probably be used mainly in CM now too 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Philogene is better than Diaby. 

Diaby played 54, scored 10, assisted 9… time will tell but I hope Jaden gets those numbers next year, that would be very impressive 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Based on his performances for Hull last season you've made this conclusion? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I agree, he will kick on next year and his ceiling is far higher than Diaby,  IMO will be in the hunt for player of the season, quality thrives around quality 

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Don't be silly - that's an impossible call to make. He's played a total of 3 minutes of top flight football. 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â