Amadou Onana

wishywashy

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I'm hopeful this can be announced tomorrow along with the new home kit reveal

Again what's the rush, we know he's going to sign for us. What difference does it make if its tomorrow, Thursday or next week?

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Again what's the rush, we know he's going to sign for us. What difference does it make if its tomorrow, Thursday or next week?

I assume that he is on holiday for longer than until tomorrow and so I don't think anything official for a few days until the medical is complete.

6 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Because people need the shiny new toy NOW

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

would just be a good way to assist with the kit reveal and him integrating with the pre-season squad.  

I don't expect him to play of Wednesday against Walsall. 

Also means we can switch focus and fully move onto the next transfer targets (both in and out)

I’ve wanted us to sign someone like Onana for years (admittedly there aren’t that many players of his ilk). I think he can be a transformative signing for us. He brings so many attributes that we have lacked. His size, physicality, athleticism, ability to regain possession, heading ability are all top class but he can also play. 
I think there were times last season where teams bullied us. Particularly without Mings and Bouba. That won’t happen now. In fact, we will be the team exerting physical pressure on the opposition. It’s a game changer for us.

As others have said, I’m convinced that Unai wants to develop us into a high pressing team. Onana will really help us to do this, alongside some of the other signings. I wonder whether it will lead to a change in formation too. Maybe a more traditional 4-3-3. Very exciting times these. UTV.

• Like 2

For me I never care about what’s called a (statement signing), I just like to get it right with less risk possible. 
I think Onana is a very good signing, he has attributes which we need. Can play with Kamara as well as cover him. For now he can start with any of the other 3 midfielders we have without an issue. 
We shall be having some height as well, which is a big difference from last season. Everton fans don’t like him much, he doesn’t seem to fit their current tactics. I think that might be a good point as our approach is totally different. 

31 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I’ve wanted us to sign someone like Onana for years (admittedly there aren’t that many players of his ilk). I think he can be a transformative signing for us. He brings so many attributes that we have lacked. His size, physicality, athleticism, ability to regain possession, heading ability are all top class but he can also play. 
I think there were times last season where teams bullied us. Particularly without Mings and Bouba. That won’t happen now. In fact, we will be the team exerting physical pressure on the opposition. It’s a game changer for us.

As others have said, I’m convinced that Unai wants to develop us into a high pressing team. Onana will really help us to do this, alongside some of the other signings. I wonder whether it will lead to a change in formation too. Maybe a more traditional 4-3-3. Very exciting times these. UTV.

Can one of our players arrange to get Bruno Fernandes to call Onana "Andre" at some point during our next match that would be great.  I mean the red card probably won't help us get a result but it would be worth it to have that c0cksucker's smile wiped from his face.

10 minutes ago, allani said:

Can one of our players arrange to get Bruno Fernandes to call Onana "Andre" at some point during our next match that would be great.  I mean the red card probably won't help us get a result but it would be worth it to have that c0cksucker's smile wiped from his face.

I prefer a more lasting approach, how about knocking a few of those rat teeth out?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, villarule123 said:

ONANA

Whats his name? 

ONANA

Whats his name? 

ONANA

Whats his name? What's his name? What's his name? 

Just as long as it isnt

Aa. Ma Do do do 

wins the ball cos he’s so tall

Aa Ma Do do do

passes To the left or to the right

Aa Ma Do do do

cos hes such a lovely sight

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Because people need the shiny new toy NOW

I think what Hank is saying is an indictment of this generation, we now live in an instantaneous society where everything must be achieved and immediately with no waiting I believe he is saying this generation is the now generation

#prof

• Like 1

For at least a decade I've been saying that Villa's real weakness is midfield. We finally have possibly one of the best in the premier league, not just re starting 11 but in depth strength too.

PS. Finally posted it in the correct thread now sober 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, John said:

"For those that play golf us having Onana in the squad is like an 18 handicapper having a 8 degree, 6 X stiff, low spin bombing driver in the bag. It might be an incredible tool but in the wrong hands it’s just a paper weight”.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â