Amadou Onana

wishywashy

Didn't think we'd spend 50m on someone like Onana in fairness.  Decent signing and shows we must have some money to spend because I doubt this would be the player we spend the bulk of it on.

• Like 1

It's when Dyche first came and they beat the league leaders Arsenal 1-0 that he totally bossed the midfield I thought wow what a player. He hasn't shown that consistency at Everton but they don't exactly play through the midfield either so it's not good to show whst he can do 

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think if he was fit then Kamara would have been the player we cashed in on this summer and not Dougie

No way! A injury free Kamara is, for me, in the top 4 of current Villa players. Emi M. Torres. Kamara. Watkins. Konsa and Bailey just on the periphery.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think if he was fit then Kamara would have been the player we cashed in on this summer and not Dougie

I didn’t see that at all. Emery could see the ceiling Kamara has.

41 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

We we're crying out for a player like him last season, a destroyer in midfield. Reminds me of Viera.

Wow if he’s half the player Viera was, we’ll have some player. 

55 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Spoke to one tonight (good friend of mine, at a school fundraising event) and he said Onana seems a bit raw. When he’s on it, he’s amazing but when he isn’t, games can pass him by.

He did mention he thought Emery would be the kind of manager to get the best out of him; didn’t say anything about Dyche being bad at all - just that he thought he’d be a good fit working with Emery.

He also thought Onana would be going to a ‘bigger club’ - “oh, only Villa?” I think he said. 

Sounds exactly how we would have described a 22 year old Douglas Luiz. The kid has potential and we have the elite coaching staff that is going to bring it all out of him. 

You can teach many positive traits on the training pitch but you can't teach height and physical ability. Onana has that in spades. 

13 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

No way! A injury free Kamara is, for me, in the top 4 of current Villa players. Emi M. Torres. Kamara. Watkins. Konsa and Bailey just on the periphery.

Oh he is a star but I have a feeling because he signed for us in such a shit situation that we have probably given him assurances he can move on. Not sure if he wants to but I think the rumours were starting about teams like Liverpool wanting him

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Poor man's Kalvin Phillips 

Hi Gareth 

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Oh he is a star but I have a feeling because he signed for us in such a shit situation that we have probably given him assurances he can move on. Not sure if he wants to but I think the rumours were starting about teams like Liverpool wanting him

Hope not. I love me some BK.

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Totally using "you complete my radar" in the next valentine's day card I write

Football is becoming tragic. Radar ffs

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

There’s also the psychological effect of self preservation. When a player leaves fans will tell themselves it’s no big loss and was he really that good anyway? We saw some of that here when Luiz left.

Good point.

1 hour ago, picicata said:

Was that not Jean Makoun with the terrible jumper? Or did he share it with Idrissa?

1 hour ago, Zero7 said:

That was it but I think Idris has some questionable dress sense too 

Neither were a patch on N’zogbia

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I think he's somewhat in the mould of a Patrick Vieira or Papa Bouba Diop. Versatile, intensely physical, and tall DM who isn't afraid to pop off a shot if the opportunity arises.  I don't see him much at all like Dougie in terms of style of play, apart from his passes, but I think he can cover part of what Dougie did. He's a lot more imposing and obviously someone who goes after players on runs.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

And it's all make-believe. Every word of it. 

That happens a lot on this site. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â