Amadou Onana

wishywashy

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

The Everton fans I know are absolutely gutted. 

I looked at the comments under an article on ToffeWeb. Out of about 100 comments only a couple seemed to care that he is leaving.

6 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

I looked at the comments under an article on ToffeWeb. Out of about 100 comments only a couple seemed to care that he is leaving.

Bit like Boro fans with Rogers then.

• Like 2

Imagine reading the comments on this forum on Diaby and deciding that’s what thousands of fans think. It means very little. We have a very clear, detailed structure of scouting and analytics. They’ve done their homework far more than any fan. 

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

That’s what I thought… they seemed pretty nonplussed about him leaving them, but he hit the ground running with us and we thought we robbed them blind!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Is @Delphinho123 on their forums 😜

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

Another possibility is, some fans don't appreciate the worth, of these type of players, particularly, when skill deficiencies, lie else where in the team, making it difficult for him to shine.

I can understand why Everton fans aren’t too bothered, and the above hits the nail on the head for me. It reminds me of Idrissa Gueye going the other way all those years ago. I reckon most Villa fans were not too bothered when that happened, and didn’t expect him to become the player he did at Everton and then move to PSG. He was lumped in with the level of the dross around him when he left us. 

• Like 1

FFP accounting, data radars, “double pivot”…I sometimes wonder if I like football anymore! I much preferred the days of “we signed a midfielder for loadsa money and he’s good and this is exciting!”  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

I can understand why Everton fans aren’t too bothered, and the above hits the nail on the head for me. It reminds me of Idrissa Gueye going the other way all those years ago. I reckon most Villa fans were not too bothered when that happened, and didn’t expect him to become the player he did at Everton and then move to PSG. He was lumped in with the level of the dross around him when he left us. 

I was gutted as we lost that amazing dress sense and jumper in the dressing room 🤣

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

FFP accounting, data radars, “double pivot”…I sometimes wonder if I like football anymore! I much preferred the days of “we signed a midfielder for loadsa money and he’s good and this is exciting!”  

You missed out couples transfers, football is really broken 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Everton had signed Bailey off us last summer, plenty wouldn't have been too bothered. 

Fans are fickle, defensive and protective.

I trust our network of scouts and coaches to appreciate a player's game, strengths and weaknesses far more than a bloated, half-cut fan who watches a whole game rather than an individual player. 

We all love to believe we really know our stuff but in reality, we have a general idea. 

Some sore-arse scousers acting like they're not bothered doesn't concern me in the slightest.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

If Everton had signed Bailey off us last summer, plenty wouldn't have been too bothered. 

Fans are fickle, defensive and protective.

I trust our network of scouts and coaches to appreciate a player's game, strengths and weaknesses far more than a bloated, half-cut fan who watches a whole game rather than an individual player. 

We all love to believe we really know our stuff but in reality, we have a general idea. 

Some sore-arse scousers acting like they're not bothered doesn't concern me in the slightest.

Like I’m not bothered about us potentially losing Diaby

41 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Oh ok. I am a bit more old fashioned so I talked to some guys in real life who know loads about Everton and they think he’s class! Let’s hope they are right.

I was very impressed by Onana at the Euros and also surprised by how much responsibility they gave him, I think he played all minutes of all games, wheras the other midfielders were subbed or rotated.

I watched him quite carefully as we reportadly have an interest and his profile caught the eye when he went to Everton for such a huge fee. His passing at the Euros was better than I have seen before, it could be that the tempo was slower, but he showed some skills that I hadn't really seen before. Previously my main concern has been what I thought to be a lack of that slick passing ability that for example Luiz, Tielemans and to a certain extent also Kamara has. Onana I thought was more kick and run and someone who perhaps wouldn't contribute enough to controlling the midfield in a possesion based top team. I've also had some concerns about his positional ability and lack of footballing intelligence you can see in top class players.

But from what I saw at the Euros I'm hopefull that the passing and positioning is good enough and that he can imporve further under Emery. We really need his physical attributes on the pitch and I think he can be schooled to be both a defensive midfielder, box to box of attcking one, he can fill many roles. If I remember correctly there were come concerns over his personality when West Ham pulled out and let Everton sign him, but I have confidence in us doing the homework on that, and he probably wouldn't have gotten so much responsibility at the Euros if he was a d**ckhead.

Very excited about this one! Please join (and please don't go mad if I under a rush of blood mistakenly call you Andre)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wsag said:

Dear dear villa. We've had some tough times in the PL this last few years. And I mean this, I really don't think we'd be here now  if it wasnt' for Aston Villa.  sometimes you don't realise the friends you've got, who've been right in front of you the whole time.  I knew this was a good club when you took Lucas Digne that time,  but we're not out the woods yet, and to know villa are sending us sixty million this summer,  it's just not what I expected, and I'd like to speak for all Evertonians  just to say thanks.  And he's not a bad player, at all, difficult to get around,  calm passer,  nothing wrong with him at all.  

Best of luck for the new season. 

We hear you our PSR brother. Two clubs steeped in collective history. Founder members of the league. Most played top flight game. I just wish first and last game.of the season would have been against one another to celebrate your new stadium opening and our 159th anniversary.

40 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

And Leicester fans with Tielemans. 

15 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

I was gutted as we lost that amazing dress sense and jumper in the dressing room 🤣

Was that not Jean Makoun with the terrible jumper? Or did he share it with Idrissa?

• Like 1

Just now, picicata said:

Was that not Jean Makoun with the terrible jumper? Or did he share it with Idrissa?

That was it but I think Idris has some questionable dress sense too 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â