Amadou Onana

wishywashy

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Manure are the muggiest of mugs.

sadly got the double over us, so as much as I despise them, I respect their ability, at the same time.

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sure mate, I was making more of a general point (not directly aimed at you).

Again, I can see us signing another creative player.

By the time we are done, we will be better both in a defensive and attacking sense.

CL here we come!!

I am certain, when the dust has settled, we will be stronger going in to this new campaign

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

All I can say is, TRO is going to be one very happy man. 

He is.....very,very, very Happy.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

sadly got the double over us, so as much as I despise them, I respect their ability, at the same time.

Well, we really should have beaten them every time we faced them, outplayed and dominated them for the most part but went on to throw those games away. Boxing Day defeat was particularly galling after having coasted it…

Hopefully we will put an end to that sort of thing, starting this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I despise Utd more than any other club on earth but I agree, I respect the fact that even in a decade which represents their 30 year low point they still manage to walk away with 5-10 trophies which we would kill for at Villa. European trophies, FA cups, league cups. 

B**tards. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

I despise Utd more than any other club on earth but I agree, I respect the fact that even in a decade which represents their 30 year low point they still manage to walk away with 5-10 trophies which we would kill for at Villa. European trophies, FA cups, league cups. 

B**tards. 

Sorry but I don’t respect b**tards.

Forever a detestable bunch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Even more encouraging to consider that Barca, Bayern, Arsenal & Manure (ah, forget about those minnows actually) all had a genuine interest in the player. And we’ve beaten them to the punch here…

Yeah I saw who was interested in him, apparently Munich were really keen and have been taken by surprise by this.

Just now, nick76 said:

Yeah I saw who was interested in him, apparently Munich were really keen and have been taken by surprise by this.

Happy with this nick?

Like there's no doubt Onana is coming in to take the Kamara spot in the team. We suffered big time when Kamara was out of the team as we had no natural defensive midfielder and other players like Luiz suffered.

The 2 for the Luiz role are Tielemans and Barkley and we've Onana and Kamara. That's depth when you add in Barrenechea and McGinn can play in CM too but is best as one of the 10s

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Oh no we have to sell if real Madrid are interested. You know like every club in the world has to do with basically any player when real Madrid comes a knocking. 

Exactly, Fergies Man United had to sell Ronaldo. There is not summit of football higher than Real Madrid. PSG lost Mbappe to them. 

Edited by CVByrne

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

B**tards. 

Even when they have a bad season, and we have an exceptional one, they still finish only 8 points behind us.

They still have good players, who can hurt teams....and do have a balanced team.

but with additions like Onana etc, we can deal with those over the top balls a bit better than we did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Happy with this nick?

Yeah delighted.  Thought for a long time we’ve needed his type of skill set in middle of the park.  While I still think he’s raw and wasn’t suited to Dyche ball, I think we could have a really important player in him over the next period.  Emery will do wonders with him.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Do you respect the signings they’ve made?

😆

22 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not Enzo, he is purely defensive. Put him in the group containing Kamara and Onana (who may be more flexible/versatile).

We now, potentially, have 3 high quality & capable DMs when we, not so long ago, had none.

Barkley and McGinn don’t replace Dougie or what he did either imo.

Tilermans is the main candidate for now (depends on consistency and availability) but I do think there is going to be more onus on the winger(s) and number 10 to take on the creative load as well as the attacking one.

Barkley clearly does, he's been signed for the Luiz position as an option. 

31 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Oh no we have to sell if real Madrid are interested. You know like every club in the world has to do with basically any player when real Madrid comes a knocking. 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Exactly, Fergies Man United had to sell Ronaldo. There is not summit of football higher than Real Madrid. PSG lost Mbappe to them. 

Yes, and if that happens it means he's been a huge success here and become an even better player

and that we'll also be making a big profit as his value will have risen accordingly

if ever it does come to that, i'm confident that Emery and Monchi will have a back up plan 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Do you respect the signings they’ve made?

😆

To be fair, I haven't given it any thought, and not focused on them, so I don't know, who they have signed....but they have always been an attraction, so I guess, they will be quality.

However, Its a team game, and that's where managers are crucial.

I only really follow us in the closed season.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

To be fair, I haven't given it any thought, and not focused on them, so I don't know, who they have signed....but they have always been an attraction, so I guess, they will be quality.

However, Its a team game, and that's where managers are crucial.

I only really follow us in the closed season.

I’m talking about past signings, massive fees and massive wages on absolute shite that have done nothing.

But yeah, let’s move on from them… I can only tolerate so much manure 😆

Can’t wait for Amadou to do a Dougie in front of his namesake next season:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Like there's no doubt Onana is coming in to take the Kamara spot in the team. We suffered big time when Kamara was out of the team as we had no natural defensive midfielder and other players like Luiz suffered.

The 2 for the Luiz role are Tielemans and Barkley and we've Onana and Kamara. That's depth when you add in Barrenechea and McGinn can play in CM too but is best as one of the 10s

Dougie's job will be split between 2 players....which in an ideal world should have happened when he was with us.

it's all part of Work in progress, and it's sad when a player, who we have grown attached to, leave....but it's all part of the growing process.

Edited by TRO

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â